1.10beta,1.10s,1.10 item deletion question
From 1.09D I picked up the first beta, got thoroughly pissed off with that, read about 1.10s deleting 1.10beta items and figured on not bothering with the newer beta at all, some days before figuring D2 had become appealing enough to warrant immediate removal of self to the realms of Master of Orion II, Unreal Tournament etc etc

So I haven't touched this game since the first beta.

The question is this:

Will my 1.10 beta items disappear upon install & play of the true 1.10?

If "no" I'll slap the new patch on as is and have a look.
If "yes" then I'll be reverting to 1.09D before upgrading I suppose (which will suck and possibly illicit more Blizzard bashing from my corner). <_<

PS. I've had the X-Men 2 DVD since Wednesday.
*Blows razzies at all the Region 1 fans that have to wait a month* :P
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
WarBlade,Nov 1 2003, 01:37 PM Wrote:From 1.09D I picked up the first beta [...] figured on not bothering with the newer beta at all [...]

The question is this:

Will my 1.10 beta items disappear upon install & play of the true 1.10?
The answer is "almost certainly".

As I recall it, there was a bug with the saved files from the first 1.10 beta, which is why they all got killed in the second beta. I don't expect there's anything different in the final version to prevent this, since Blizzard said all along that they couldn't guarantee compatibility between the final version and the beta versions.

There is a third-party application called ATMA which could apparently convert your single-player characters from the 1.10 first beta to 1.10s. I don't know if 1.10s characters are compatible with 1.10 final, but I'd say it's much more likely.
You don't know what you're talking about.
I THINK the item deletion code does not apply to Single Player games, but I'm not completely sure, because I don't have a 1.10beta character which actually has some items left :P

Regardless, you can make a copy of the saved character, and try it yourself.

Also, 1.10S items are compatible with the final 1.10.
Just copy the save directory. If the items get deleted (which didn't happen for me, even with illegal items) you download ATS and convert them.
AssA,Nov 1 2003, 02:04 PM Wrote:I THINK the item deletion code does not apply to Single Player games, but I'm not completely sure, because I don't have a 1.10beta character which actually has some items left :P

Regardless, you can make a copy of the saved character, and try it yourself.

Also, 1.10S items are compatible with the final 1.10.
Ah yeah, that rings (another) bell. Rust Storm was going to be realms only, but just provided for single player in the beta so it could be tested, or something similar.

Would be a bit of a pain for mods etc. if it did apply to single-player/open battle.net ;-)
I installed the 1.10 patch without losing a thing... I backed up my 1.10beta save folder first JIC. So, I don't think you will have any issues.
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

[Image: dixen.gif]