The Ring
I regret to inform you that the "fear" period for the movie has ended. Should you wish to retry scaring me, I ask you wait until the next time I see another scary movie, probably never. Thank you for your cooperation.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Greetings!

I haven't seen The Ring nor do I think I will. Though my wife is a horror flick fan, I've never really been. When I was, I scared all my friends. Imagine a 4th grade kid watching Nightmare on Elm Street with friends at 1am (slept over at a friend's house). The first scene were the girl is killed by Freddy, everyone is freaked out......except me. What am I doing? I'm laughing my head off. Don't know why, but I think it might have to do something with the knowledge of human physiology that I got because my dad used to teach medical school. Just watching her flail about in that manner struck me as funny. Am I a sick and demented serial killer now? No, not in the least.

But it's interesting to see and hear what people find scary about horror flicks. For me, it's not the evil spirits out there that are going to come and make you have a anonizing death involving a lot of blood and gore. It's things like "In the Mouth of Madness" where the whole question of sanity comes into play. I've known deranged people, and my 91 year old grandmother swore up and down that someone was following her or listening to her phone calls. She would stand at a payphone in the dead of a Chicago winter and dump change into the phone. So seeing someone slip into dimentia and the thought of doing it myself is very frightening for me.

And in an odd sense, it's the graphicly bloddy war films that will sometimes bother me. Being the nice ripe age of 26, if I were drafted, I would be great cannon fodder.

I do have to agree with you that one of the most frightening thing about watching a horror movie is also the most fun. Having other people that scream around you just seem to give a horror flick that little "zing" that it needs to make me jump. My wife is great for that. Even the most laughable horror flicks will make her jump or scream. Movies like The Blair Witch Project and the like...

Watch it in the dark, have a few laughs. It's the best way to see a movie.

SaxyCorp
Quote:Being the nice ripe age of 26, if I were drafted, I would be great cannon fodder.

Going off on a tangent here, but isn't 26 a bit past drafting age?
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]