Free shots at Nico
Quote:To collect your prizes, PM or e-mail your title of choice. Doesn't have to be immediately. Also, keep in mind we're not here to perform "title maintenence," so whatever you decide will likely stick with you.

Lovely. That doesn't help me toward a decision in the least, I'll have ye know. No pressure! ;)

Banking on the guess that I'm sufficiently "known" around here, perhaps a community effort wouldn't be so out-of-place? So, in the sense of fair play, self-mutilation, skin-thickening techniques and general ability to hang myself, I open up this particular issue to the denizens of the Lounge. Can you feel the love?

"What should Nico's title be?"

...and remember, I *asked* for it. ;)

*holds arms open wide, closes eyes*

Hit me.

*wince*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
"Resident Blowhard" has a nice ring to it, don't you think :P (j/k)

"Poet Laureate of the Lounge" - (methinks Occhi may protest if he doesn't get this one too) ;)

"Resident Brazier" - (would definitely have to be shared)

"Prince of Prose"

"Orator of Merit"

"Superfluous Stamp's Fan" - (may or may not be a fan, I seem to remember that you live in Calgary...)
"Superfluous Stampeder" - (similar problems may arise) :)

I'm out for now, dinner calls, but I'm sure there are many more to come!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Why?

Your sig is a wolf. You occasionally spout flame, with lethal effect. Also, a very oblique reference to Tempus Thales elite soldiers in the Thieves World series.

I like it. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jul 23 2003, 11:14 PM Wrote:Also, a very oblique reference to Tempus Thales elite soldiers in the Thieves World series.
One of whom was called Nico :)

Very clever, I like it too

Congrats by the way, Nico B)
Nico seems to have learned not to dish out the personal insults like he used to, and has taken the high road here (kudos to him for not reacting to your bait). You haven't.

-Bolty
Quote:Normally I would tell you my personal opinion of you, but you did ask for it.

Wow, no trolling here, eh?

/sarcasm

EDIT: VVV "Once again"? Yeah, ok, sure.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Once again anything you dont like is a troll.
I'd say "helm tipper" but I stole your helm. It's on my head. It likes it there. :)

Can't be much of a help with names. Seems that there's someone else on this thread I'd rather be calling names, but that's another story.

[/cattiness]
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Ghostiger,Jul 23 2003, 08:59 PM Wrote:Normally I would tell you my personal opinion of you, but you did ask for it.
This is too funny. Is Nico allowed to flame people on this thread? Oh, and Ghost? Did you even READ what you posted?

gekko

ps congrats Nico -- and keep up the good work.
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Nico asked for opinions on his title and, perhaps, invited a little "roasting" along with it. But there's a difference between a roast and a flame. Seems to me you've illustrated the latter.

-Lem
You attacked him with no title suggestion...

And here are mine:

Wanker Whacker

Knight of the Hounds (sucky I know :P )
Raz
I like the sound of "Resident Hell Hound" better ;)
I Demand Pie.
Raz,Jul 23 2003, 11:17 PM Wrote:Wanker Whacker
That has a nice ring to it.

Or maybe a twist on Occhi's: Lurking Hell Hound?

Congrats, Nico.

*raises beer stein*
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
First of all, congrats!

Ok, I'm having a bit of trouble collecting my thoughts here, but maybe something along the line of

"Portable Napalm Carrier"

The last word is what bothers me. It just doesn't seem to fit.

Maybe "Portable Napalm Holder"? Nope, thats.... ugh. Just ugh.

Maybe just "Portable Napalm". Probably not that one either.

I'll probably think of something when I'm lying in bed about to go to sleep and then forget it in the morning.

*Sigh*

Such is life.
Ghostiger, What is your problem??? Like Lemming said (Pardon me while I open up IE again and find out exactly what he did say...), there is a difference between roasting and flaming! Also, there is a difference between being polite and being an idiot! Nico may be a bit (very) harsh at times, and might benefit by lightening up a little, but I have seen no indication that he is more concerned with his stature in the Lounge than the substance of a discussion. Indeed, if he had, he might have been a little gentler!

I think you, in fact, are the insecure one. You've insulted two people in this thread so far with two posts. Each post was entirely dedicated to a personal attack on a respected Lounge member. Furthermore, both your claims/flames are entirely untrue, the way you've worded them. You said to Warlocke "Once again anything you dont like is a troll." The way you've worded it is implying that if Warlocke doesn't like chocolate ice cream (for example), he thinks it's a troll. You're also implying that he has hallucinated of trollish chocolate ice cream before.

Now, you're going to disagree with me, say that I'm twisting your words, but I'm not. Your post is showing that you don't care enough to make the meaning of your words clearenough. If you really actually cared about what you were writing and insulting Warlocke, you would have gone into a bit more detail. Wow, look at all this detail, obviously I care about what I'm writing about you. Somehow I don't think it's 'Tender Love and Care', either.

Anyway, your two posts in this thread, that have no other reason than to flame people, are completely unnecessary. Also, I think you need to proofread your posts a bit more. Your first one didn't make much sense, or (once again) have much of a purpose, other than to insult Nico. Now I have proofread this post a few times, moved commas around, added underlined, changed paragraphs. <---Don't know why I added that bit in, just thought he might like to have yet another example of a proofread post.

P.S. Someone out there, I need a definition of a troll. I looked in the rules, FAQ, and etiquette for one but didn't see anything. Ghostiger, take a good long look at this definition. Now look at your past posts. Not a good sign.

Greetings,
Refrigerator

P.P.S (<---Is that right?) Nuur, it's contagious!
I think the best way to handle trolls is to avoid any contact with them, now after you replied in such a length to his post he'll reply to your's and you will reply to his and a neverending cycle shall begin.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Resevoir Dog? (:P sorry)

Finding Nico :blink:

Fanatic Furball
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
In reference to "Did you even READ what you posted?" I decided to be honest here. That said I am quite civil in my posts.

As noted this is an exception because I normally wouldnt speak my frank personal opinioin like this.
Is someone who makes posts with the purpose of causeing a long thread namely an ugly one.

I made this my post because I feel exactly what I said about Nico. No it wasnt nice, but I was honest(it is my true opinion) and I resonded to his request.
This does smack as a bit of a gloat. Not the best way to win one's good graces.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.