Latest Toy of 1.10
Latest news on the BNet D2 1.10 front: certain Set Items will turn characters into monster-types to play. Depicted in the news is a Necromancer transformed into a Vampire via a complete Trang-Ul's Set.

A long time ago, one of my suggested gimmicks for LoD was armor that would render a Paladin to look exactly like an Iron Wolf, since the models are quite similar. If the trend here is to be fully realized, I imagine perhaps a Paladin Set that can turn your standard melee Pally into a full-fledged Iron Wolf spellcaster.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I greatly prefer the Lucius Malfoy look. ;)

[Image: lucius_malfoy3.jpg]
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
A few more Suggestions
  • Griswold's Set - turning Paladin into non-undead Tristram Inhabitant with the ability to repair stuff
    <>
  • Cow King's Set - turning player into lightning enchanted Cow
    <>
  • Tal Rasha's Set - turning Sorceress into Greater Mummy, being able to raise some undead
    <>
  • Immortal King's Set - turning Barbarian into pre death King Leoric, being able to raise Albrecht as a Companion
    <>
  • Natalya's Set - apart from making the Assassin translucent (which is sort of cool) give her that stylish black and red cloak with some nice stealth ability
    <>
  • M'avina's Set - while transforming player into Bloodraven would be cool, it would somehow contradict to Blood Raven's Charge (leaked Amazon only Bow) so probably will have to stick to a normal corrupt rogue
    <>
  • Aldur's Set - turning Druid into one of the Thrasher Type Monsters (only for human form) with a nifty stun attack
    <>
  • Naj's Set - turning player into Mage (maybe look a bit like the Summoner)<>
    [st]

-dave
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Or, the Act II hirelings, and get Polearm mastery. Maybe Hwannin's set.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hmmm...

Looking at the full-set bonuses, I notice 20% life steal among them. Monster-class Vampires can steal life with their fireball attacks. I wonder if this ability will be passed on to the transformed Necromancer? If so, there could be a lot of jealous sorceresses.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Grayloch,Jun 23 2003, 10:28 PM Wrote:Looking at the full-set bonuses, I notice 20% life steal among them. Monster-class Vampires can steal life with their fireball attacks. I wonder if this ability will be passed on to the transformed Necromancer? If so, there could be a lot of jealous sorceresses.

-G.
Interesting idea, actually I thought of the same idea just by reading your first sentence... could be quite nifty but ultimately useless since it'll only be level 10 fireball and unless you can somehow muster another +20 to fireball it'll become pretty obsolete by the time you're able to wear the set (although it could provide good healing, just not good killing or any killing at all)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Quote: could be quite nifty but ultimately useless since it'll only be level 10 fireball

The picture ( http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/images/ot...ther/vamp01.jpg ) says level 18 fireball, level 13 firewall, level 10 meteor. Still not too high, but a little better. Or am I missing something here?
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
I also think the full set sais +3 to Fire Mastery. :)
TwIsTeD

Last time I saw anything like that, . . .
. . . I flushed twice to make sure it couldn't get back.
Pete
o.k I was mistaken... it's 18 and not 10 but even with the level 3 fire mastery... fireball will be useless (except for if it really does steal life).
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I can just imagine the PK'ers in the Durance now..

"why won't this vampire die?????!!!!!!"
Dyntheos,Jun 23 2003, 06:00 PM Wrote:I can just imagine the PK'ers in the Durance now..

"why won't this vampire die?????!!!!!!"
(the PK): "...but at least the vampire's fireball isn't doing as much damage as normal!" :P

- Dagni
Another nice way to freak out the uninitiated would be to enter town in the guise of a vampire.

"Hey! They're not supposed to do that! Get a screen shot, we'll post it online and show everyone how badly 1.10 screwed up the monster AI! Lurker Lounge STSI, here we come!"
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Except for that iron fingernails on the blackboard sound indicating some crazy necromacer has hostiled you.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

People seen to be assuming that this will be the ONLY form of attack for the new "vampire" necro. What about having skeletons, mages, revives and your trusty golem in a pitch battle while you fire life-stealing fireballs into thier midst?
Yes, alone it is rather weak but coupled with the other necro skills... *drool*

Oh, and is the blood golem/iron maiden bug fixed in 1.10?

EDIT:I spelled battle as "battale" <_< Oh well
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
"I beat you with a stick!" - ChromaticOnion
ChromaticOnion,Jun 24 2003, 08:26 AM Wrote:People seen to be assuming that this will be the ONLY form of attack for the new "vampire" necro.&nbsp; What about having skeletons, mages, revives and your trusty golem in a pitch battale while you fire life-stealing fireballs into thier midst?
Yes, alone it is rather weak but coupled with the other necro skills...&nbsp; *drool*

Oh, and is the blood golem/iron maiden bug fixed in 1.10?
Fireball compared to the other necro skills as of this patch will result in the fire-ball necromancer doing most of the damage with the fireball, even if it's just level 18 :P
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/images/ot...ther/vamp01.jpg

Man... that screenie is harsh, necro's already look cool, now the "uber"peeps get punished with an crappy graphic looking necromancer. (silent justice there). Ah well I'll never find a full Trang-Ouls set anyway and if so.... that would be a bummer. :unsure:

Edit : By the way Nico, cool Lucius Malfoy pic, didn't know the guy but he surely greatly resembles the necromancer. :D
This feature will certainly have a nice impact on the mod-makers/mods
Aye, it inspires. If the code is now more liberal with monster types and their allocation against players, I'd think one nifty feature a game modder may try to make is granting the Necromancer the power to raise undead creatures other than mere skeletons. Mayhaps to summon Ghosts and Vampires instead of Skeletal Warriors and Mages.
As well as the James Bond copycat in "The Tuxedo."

Can't remember his name at the moment, but he seems to be cropping up in any number of films lately. I think he plays a great bad buy, though for my moneh he has not quite gotten it nailed down as well as Tim Roth, the actor who played one of my favorite bad guys of all time in the film Rob Roy.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Also played the Ranger who got cut in half by the RPG in Blackhawk Down, correct? It looked like him.