Terenas 12/3 Run
We are moving through ZG just fine. Proving we can drop bosses short handed (Arlokk with 14 last week). Next on the list is Thekal and Jin'do. Both should be interesting fights.

A full clear with 20 people with at level gear is right around 4 hours. Our Lurker raids are missing about 50% dps from our empty slots. Thus our runs are slower because we need to be more careful with our pulls. Also the boss fights take longer since we don't have the dps to mow them down. That we are able to pull these fights off is a credit to the skill every person brings to the raid. Every person there is absolutely needed.

Given our current speed of killing priests (and if we only kill the priests) the time to Hakkar is about 6 hours (I'm including a few wipes on the priests because of bad luck). We are currently running from about 7:30 to 10:30 on Sundays (3 hours). Thus we need to find more time in the schedule to clear if we are to see Hakkar.

Things to keep in mind:
  1. People have said they want to keep this Lurkers only<>
  2. ZG is on a 4 day lock<>
  3. Arlokk, Thekal and Hakkar will need +14 of us to make it happen<>
    [st]
    Please discuss about how this might be done, or if we should even try.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday as usual, 7ST for trash and 8ST for bosses and a finish target of 10-10:30ST.
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Count Keshoga in:D
--Mav
First of all, I think I will be good for Adirra this next Sunday. :-)

Second, a way that we might look at to put together a run at Hakkar is to try and clear out some of the easier priests Saturday night (or Friday or something if Saturday doesn't work) and then hit the tougher ones + Hakkar on Sunday. The order that we tended to do on Stormrage when we were just starting ZG was to go after Jek'lik, Venoxis, Mar'li, Mandokir on one night, then go after Arlokk, Thekal and Hakkar on the next. The first night would be best for a night when you can get a slightly smaller group and the second would work best if you can get as many people together as possible.
-TheDragoon
Quote:First of all, I think I will be good for Adirra this next Sunday. :-)

Second, a way that we might look at to put together a run at Hakkar is to try and clear out some of the easier priests Saturday night (or Friday or something if Saturday doesn't work) and then hit the tougher ones + Hakkar on Sunday. The order that we tended to do on Stormrage when we were just starting ZG was to go after Jek'lik, Venoxis, Mar'li, Mandokir on one night, then go after Arlokk, Thekal and Hakkar on the next. The first night would be best for a night when you can get a slightly smaller group and the second would work best if you can get as many people together as possible.
I do think a second night might be best, with Saturday being the most likely. Friday is BWL raid night and most Lurkers that are on are in there. Another option might be to sneak a partial clear by another guild and use their raidlock (with their permission, of course).
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
I believe we have yet to kill Jeklik as well. Unless this was done 2 sundays ago after I left.

Count me in for sunday.

Quote:I believe we have yet to kill Jeklik as well. Unless this was done 2 sundays ago after I left.

Count me in for sunday.

Yeah, we spanked batgirl a couple weeks ago pretty handily.

--Mav
Quote:First of all, I think I will be good for Adirra this next Sunday. :-)

The biggest issue is folks who only have a couple of nights of playtime as it is. We've got folks who have already had to barter to get the times they play right now. This is why we're trying to keep the number of play days to a minimum.

Edit: If downing Hakkar before the expansion is a one time goal rather than a recurring theme, then we may be able to swing something. But I'm not going to be adding in any more raid nights for Lurkers. Sunday, Monday, (occasional Tuesdays), Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are more than enough.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Edit: If downing Hakkar before the expansion is a one time goal rather than a recurring theme, then we may be able to swing something. But I'm not going to be adding in any more raid nights for Lurkers. Sunday, Monday, (occasional Tuesdays), Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are more than enough.
I think it would just be a one or two time thing. We're down to 6 weeks left of WoW classic, and I think that downing Hakkar would be a great guild accomplishment. I vote we try killing 3 priests or so to a Saturday, and then push to Hakkar on the next night. Looking at the raid calendar, Dec 3rd is out, as ZG resets Sunday morning. The 24th is out too for that reason, but I think it was out for other reasons first. The 31st is almost certainly out too. That leaves us with the 10th or the 17th of this month, or something in Jan. The raid calendar won't pull up for next year, but we might lose a week to that for Jan.

I think we should definitely make a push to clear what we can of the easier priests on a Saturday, and I'm open to allowing quests to speed that process. Thekal and Hakkar need to be Lurkers only, but for speed I'm ok with us getting help to clear out what we can on the earlier night.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Quote:I think it would just be a one or two time thing. We're down to 6 weeks left of WoW classic, and I think that downing Hakkar would be a great guild accomplishment. I vote we try killing 3 priests or so to a Saturday, and

I agree, this should be a one or two time thing. I believe that the current lurker runs are for pulling off crazy things just for fun. I'm hoping to go after Ony with ~15 lurkers soon just for the rush (need some more keying work for our new members).

All in all, this practice of hitting places without being full should be great practice for BC. I hope to flip the instance switch to "difficult mode" to let the new shinies drop.

See you all Sunday.
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Quote:All in all, this practice of hitting places without being full should be great practice for BC. I hope to flip the instance switch to "difficult mode" to let the new shinies drop.

Word is that 'heroic mode' is not available until you reach revered rep (unclear what faction, but sounds kind of like Argent Dawn style rep), and is balanced for level 70.

We'll have so much small group content... fun stuff.

FYI, I am very iffy tonight as it's been a crazy weekend and we're behind on stuff.
While i'd love to be there, unfortunatly i'll be picking my brother up at the air port at that time.....looks like another week i have to miss.

Too much to do, so little time.

Mist