About the Rose
Hello there,

I am not sure what made me do it, nostalgia perhaps, but I decided to googel search Ordo Rosae Moriatur and found this post on your site:

Ordo Rosae Moriatur and other very old things.

And I wish I had feeling nostalgic in July when you posted it.

You see, I am one of those former ORMeos (as we called ourselves), and those were the days. While some of us still chat and game together (CoH, WoW and Guildwars most recently) there just haven't been that kind of free form group creativity since then.

It wasn't about the game, it was about the Story. And Alignment and those very cool chain stories in Ogden's tavern were great. Just great.

Not sure if the posters still ahng around here but the music on the ORM site was China Roses by Enya, and much of the art was done by myself and a fellow named Jason Scanlin who works in the game industry somewhere. (Lost track of him a few years ago, unfortunately.)

Someone mentioned an image of a red head with a pendent, I am quite certain that was Frylia, not Foxglove. (Foxglove was Tarot, yes?)

Here's the image (note that this is the actual size it was on the web page but it sure looks much smaller now):
[Image: frylia.gif]

And here's the last Rose Window we had, which was included in a Neverwinter Nights module that may or may not have been released on the community forums:

[Image: ormwin3b.jpg]

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for all of the wonderful posts. Those were great days, and I am sorry I missed your reminiscing.:(

Just so you know, while the Rose is wilting, it's not dead, it's just been called by many, many other names. (That one got a bit too steeped in painful memories.)

Megumiko
aka Gabriel Angelsfire
Ordo Illunimator 1997 - 2002
I always loved that stainglassed window, and of course the stories/poems/chain posts archived in the site beyond it.

Feel free to drop in here any time you like. There's quite a few WoW and Guild Wars players here, and plenty of old fogies who played Diablo back in the late 90s and like to get nostalgic every now and then.
Quote:You see, I am one of those former ORMeos (as we called ourselves) and those were the days.

Or WORMs as I think the infamous Eugene on Ogden's Tavern used to refer to you in those wild western days .;)

Quote:Someone mentioned an image of a red head with a pendent, I am quite certain that was Frylia, not Foxglove. (Foxglove was Tarot, yes?)

Yes Foxglove was Tarot -- and there are still some relevant posts on the very occasional cache of the b.net forums captured by the wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/19970605010522/...avern/index.htm