Hostage taken: Hunter demands
From the Bizzard Hunter forum.

Thought you guys might enjoy the original post. Don't forget to check the artwork :P
The only thing hunters need is Battlegrounds to be added. Then they will be the most popular class in the game. All other issues are minor bugfixes and trivia in comparison.
MongoJerry,Apr 15 2005, 08:40 PM Wrote:The only thing hunters need is Battlegrounds to be added.  Then they will be the most popular class in the game.  All other issues are minor bugfixes and trivia in comparison.
[right][snapback]74139[/snapback][/right]

When Blizzard gets done with the pets, I think we're fine. Nearly every complaint can be addressed by the list of one-time-almost-in-beta-maybe-one-day-added pet skills floating about.

That said... that link is posted for humor value... not to complain about the hunter.
Chance on hit : irritate target :)

Loved it .
Take care
MongoJerry,Apr 15 2005, 05:40 PM Wrote:The only thing hunters need is Battlegrounds to be added.  Then they will be the most popular class in the game.  All other issues are minor bugfixes and trivia in comparison.
[right][snapback]74139[/snapback][/right]

There are actually a couple of issues that do need to be addressed, dead zone is one of them. It's too easy for a caster to run into the dead zone and then keep you in the dead zone while firing at you. Then you're choice is to either engage in hand to hand (which throws out 90% of the Hunter's skills) or try to get range and it's difficult to do so with continuous snares. 8 yards is a long area and IMO, should be half that (4 yards) for the dead zone. Classes that know how to exploit the deadzone can play exterme havoc with a Hunter.

Likewise, I don't know if this is a bug or mislabelled tool tip, but Mend Pet says range is 20 yards, but I have to be nearly inside the deadzone to be able to use Mend Pet (seems range is about 10 yards, not 20).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Apr 17 2005, 12:44 AM Wrote:There are actually a couple of issues that do need to be addressed, dead zone is one of them.  It's too easy for a caster to run into the dead zone and then keep you in the dead zone while firing at you.  Then you're choice is to either engage in hand to hand (which throws out 90% of the Hunter's skills) or try to get range and it's difficult to do so with continuous snares.  8 yards is a long area and IMO, should be half that (4 yards) for the dead zone.  Classes that know how to exploit the deadzone can play exterme havoc with a Hunter.

Likewise, I don't know if this is a bug or mislabelled tool tip, but Mend Pet says range is 20 yards, but I have to be nearly inside the deadzone to be able to use Mend Pet (seems range is about 10 yards, not 20).
[right][snapback]74208[/snapback][/right]
The dead zone is a slight issue with dueling, which can be overcome partly with wing clip, raptor strike, and dodge. Just as mages like to keep out of melee range, the hunter needs to have a way to keep the opponent at range. You also have the pet, which can disrupt casters but currently can be ignored by hard shells. I'm hopeful that new pet abilities will adress some deficiencies.

While I don't usually like to engage in dueling, Celethirian had an interesting duel with an Shaman recently where she spent most of the time running from totem to totem, while Felix clawed. Each pass by the shaman I would wing clip, raptor, then when at range fire a sting, or multi-shot. I'm not ready to respec to survival tree.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Lissa,Apr 16 2005, 10:44 PM Wrote:There are actually a couple of issues that do need to be addressed, dead zone is one of them.  It's too easy for a caster to run into the dead zone and then keep you in the dead zone while firing at you.  Then you're choice is to either engage in hand to hand (which throws out 90% of the Hunter's skills) or try to get range and it's difficult to do so with continuous snares.  8 yards is a long area and IMO, should be half that (4 yards) for the dead zone.  Classes that know how to exploit the deadzone can play exterme havoc with a Hunter.

[right][snapback]74208[/snapback][/right]
I love the people who:

a) explain to me that melee range makes a hunter useless
b) explain to me that the survival tree is a waste of time.

Dead Zone + Improved Wing Clip = not a PvP issue. The dead rogues who don't realize I'm standing on a freeze trap if I'm questing can attest to this.