Tales of the PvP server!
So, pvp is fun. I've recently found this out, yes, with some crazy-funky pvp hijinks while hanging around Ashenvale with my Tauren hunter, Worn, on the laughing skull server.

So, first off, I was wandering that place all crazy-like, trying to do the Warsong Reports quest, which involves basically navigating the western, central, and eastern parts of Ashenvale. I'd gotten to Zoram'Gar in the west, passing by Astranaar, a Night Elf settlement (and being very careful--although I picked off a couple of low level NPC's on my way through). Every NPC in Zoram'Gar is a quest-giver. So I was hanging around there for a while. I took out some Nagas, got some silver, it was all good.

Next quest area? A couple in the Thistlefur village, within spitting distance of Astranaar. So I head that way, find the village (a dirt path to the village at least; a fork on the road to Astranaar, barely out of range of the guards), and start taking out some enraged Furbolgs.

Two or three in, a druid spell comes out of nowhere--Moonfire I think it's called--and hits my pet. My pet! What the hell? So I finally remember to hit Track Humanoid, checked my minimap, found a blip called 'Nitney,' and turned around towards it. A Night Elf druid. Level... 21. What the hell is a level 21 druid doing attacking a 23 hunter? Probably all that 'blaargh hunters suck at pvp' stuff people in the majority of the WoW forums keep going on about.

Anyway, druid, two levels lower than me. I ignored the injured Thistlefur I was fighting, 'cause, well, the things are pansies (in groups of less than three), and fire on the druid. Well, turns out that taking large amounts of ranged damage from one of the most powerful ranged attackers in the game was a surprise to good ole Nitney. Especially when puny stuff like Wrath, Entangling Roots, and Moonfire, for some reason, wasn't stopping me. So she ran away. Awww, my new friend is gone.

I go back to fighting the Thistlefurs, and a few minutes later, I see the Nitney blip return to my minimap. She Moonfires me, again, so I turned around, Hunter's Mark so she couldn't shadowmeld away, and fire away. Worn 1, Nitney 0.

Nitney's not very smart, I guess.

Okay, so I go back to my Thistlefurs, still not making much progress, still within sight of the road to Astranaar. Not long later... Nitney-blip has returned. Corpse retrieval, I'm guessing. I'm a nice guy, I let her go on her way.

... and here comes Nitney-blip once again. I'm getting a bit tired of fighting the same night elf over and over, but, eh, what else do I have going on? (Yeah, yeah, quests--but it's not like the quests will go away anytime soon.) I turn, fire away, sic my pet, and remember to Mark her. Similar result, except that Nitney stops being a dumbass; she runs away. Back to Astranaar. Standing there, good and marked, out in the open... right behind a level 40 sentinel. Oooooh.

At this point, I am thoroughly embroiled in the hunt, you could say. So I circle around the sentinels, and find a spot where I can shoot at Nitney--who is still standing in the same spot--without alerting the sentinels, and where if she wants to attack me, she has leave the guards behind.

She runs into the town itself. Boo.

Back to my Thistlefurs, I suppose.

But, of course, not long after, here comes Nitney again. She's not happy with me anymore--a single Moonfire, to Balio (my bear) again, and she runs off. I chase, and she's back behind the guards. Now that's just not cool.

Then, from within the town, a night elf priest appears. And then a rogue. Both about level 20. I make a last attempt at luring Nitney away from them, for some sweet, sweet revenge, but it doesn't work. I hit Aspect of the Cheetah and run. Tracking fails me, after all but the rogue go into shadowmeld, so I turn to attack... and get swarmed. Not much like zerglings, though, as there were only three of them.

Dead, sad. I run all ghost-like through Astranaar to get back to my corpse, ressurect, and go back to peaceably slaughtering Thistlefurs.

Not long after, I see them again. At this point they've collected a paladin and a hunter, both about level 20 as well (maybe guild-mates, I dunno), so I try to hide... no use. Hunters rock at finding enemies, you know; and I quickly got Marked, and started running away. I lead them off towards Maestra's Post, jumped off the ledge there, and hid behing a hill. Distance negates all pvp ability. They pass by harmlessly, following the road, as I point and laugh.

Back to my Thistlefurs.

I can just imagine the party chat they had going. All, 'Haha, guys, we chased 'im off!' And, "Yeah, you can't take all five of us!" And, "We taught him a lesson!" They likely thought I was thoroughly chastised, and running back to Horde territory with my tail (Taurens even have tails!) between my legs.

But, no. I finally make some progress with the Thistlefurs, move away from the high-traffic road (really not many people, but it's pretty high traffic as Ashenvale goes). ... oh, look. Nitney-blip. Alone. Fighting a Thistlefur Shaman, away from the sentinels. *wicked laugh*

Worn 2, Nitney 0.

Further Thistlefur questing? Uninterrupted. :D

Really, I only managed one quest in something like an hour of hanging around that area. But that was a whole lot of fun packed into one quest. Granted, in the whole time I spent in Ashenvale, I got killed by higher level Alliance players twice, both times under the effects of Ressurection sickness (although I couldn't have defended myself against one of them even without it). But even that didn't really interfere with anything. The only drawback was a bit of time lost, and the repair bill on my equipment, which I can handle.

Realize, however, that this is the perspective of a hunter. With proper use of tracking, un-stealthed enemies simply can not get the drop on me. And surprise is a major deciding factor in PvP.

So, I like to ramble about stuff. Anyone else have a formative ramble over an interesting bit of random pvp? I'd very much like to hear of it, and I bet there are a few others who would like it as well. And maybe we could convert some of you puny, mortal 'pve' players. *shakes fist* ... *hides Stormrage character*
Nice story :). I know PvP isn't terribly popular here at the LL, but I can say that easily my most entertaining experiences in the game have been all PvP related. Yes, I get ganked here and there (esp. in the gank-rich 20-30 level range), but it's pretty much only around the towns, and it never does much more than make me lose a minute to get back to what I was doing (or call in some reinforcements and get sweet revenge). The rest of the time PvP adds a great dynamic to the game. Not to mention people tend to be surprisingly honorable, I very rarely get attacked when I'm fighting mobs.

A few PvP experiences over the last few days, off the top of my head:
-Splintertree post is frequently harassed by nelf rogues. I like to pop by there and defend when I can. Tonight I chased off three of them (1 my level, 2 below). I rode one of them down across half of ashenvale (mithril spurs and carrot allowed me to catch him and destroy him before he reached the safety of astranaar). There's nothing quite so satisifying as getting the jump on some gankers. People who spend all their time killing people 20 levels under them in challenge-free combat tend to be laughably bad when they get in a real fight.

-Attempted to defend the Undercity from a massive (over 50 people) alliance raid ( Some pics: http://www.aphasic.com/wow/uc_raid1.jpg http://www.aphasic.com/wow/uc_raid2.jpg ) and the fought a really confusing and tricky battle ( http://www.aphasic.com/wow/uc_raid5.jpg http://www.aphasic.com/wow/uc_raid7.jpg ).

-Our party was on our way to blackrock, and just as we crested the ridge before the gate we see 10 alliance standing outside. There were 5 of us and a couple horde stragglers from another group. There was this downright awesome tense pause as everyone assessed the situation, then a gnome rogue stealthed on the other side, and all hell broke loose. The battle raged for several minutes, but at the end of it, we emerged the victor (the few of us left standing anyway).

-I'm questing in Anderhol (a town in Eastern Plaquelands packed very tightly with undead). I come around a corner and end up face to face with a paladin. He /waves at me, which most people respect. I /wave back, and go about mob killing. ( the reason people tend to respect this isn't necessarily a sense of honor or anything, it's that they know if they kill you, you're going to come back at them, and no one is going to get anything done ). Anyway, a few minutes later I'm killing a skeleton and this paladin decides to attack me now that his two rogue friends have shown up. Hitting a priest in a place like that is a fantastically bad idea, one psychic scream later they each have 2-3 mobs on them a piece. I duck around a corner where I had noted a couple of my fellow horde. I group up with them, and we prepare for the fight. Once they regroup, they come at me again, not noticing that I now have not only a mage with me, but a stealthed rogue as well. It's a very brief 3 on 3 battle, and we engage in several more battles with them until they are forced to flee Anderhol entirely.

Heh, I'm the one rambling now, I could go on for a while. Point is, PvP, for all it's occasional frustrations, adds a really exciting secondary challenge to the game (at least from the perspective of some of us).

Bob the Beholder,Jan 27 2005, 05:32 AM Wrote:Two or three in, a druid spell comes out of nowhere--Moonfire I think it's called--and hits my pet. My pet! What the hell? So I finally remember to hit Track Humanoid, checked my minimap, found a blip called 'Nitney,' and turned around towards it. A Night Elf druid. Level... 21. What the hell is a level 21 druid doing attacking a 23 hunter? Probably all that 'blaargh hunters suck at pvp' stuff people in the majority of the WoW forums keep going on about.

This is morphing into "nerf hunters" in PvP. A properly played (perfected kiting and that crazy mid-air 180 back shot while kiting) and spec'd hunter ( from what I gather, this involves some critical skills in survival, counterattack in particular ) -- is easily one of the toughest opponents for a lot of classes. Hunters don't get much love when people are building an instance group, but I don't hear too many people dissing hunters PvP abilities, at least on Tichondrius.
Good story.

Most fun I've had is rooftop sniping in Gadgetzan. Wandered in there to complete a quest, to see an undead Warlock on top of the inn, shooting all kinds of crap at anyone stupid enough to get close to him. Eventually he dies (and I die defending him, taking down a gnome mage in the process), and he shows me how to hop up. Once up there, he dots, and I shoot my gun and toss various explosives. Guards can't reach us, and neither can the melee Alliance. Fast forward about half an hour, both sides have called in backup, and both sides have taken positions on nearby building roofs. We eventually forced them out of Gadgetzan, and then killed their wind rider master out of spite :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I wish I still had my write-up of thirty minutes of dodging 15 Kali-Compton in Beta to turn in a quest in Booty Bay. Of course they were hunting me because I killed a pally my level (I was a level 42 undead rogue) and a mage afters that was level 40. T'was an epic struggle involving using the landscape, sprint, vanish and elite ogres. :)

Though just as I got to the quest turn in guy I crossed the sights of Wendy (GFraizer) and died at the feet of the NPC. ;)
Artega,Jan 27 2005, 01:00 PM Wrote:Good story.

Most fun I've had is rooftop sniping in Gadgetzan.  Wandered in there to complete a quest, to see an undead Warlock on top of the inn, shooting all kinds of crap at anyone stupid enough to get close to him.  Eventually he dies (and I die defending him, taking down a gnome mage in the process), and he shows me how to hop up.  Once up there, he dots, and I shoot my gun and toss various explosives.  Guards can't reach us, and neither can the melee Alliance.  Fast forward about half an hour, both sides have called in backup, and both sides have taken positions on nearby building roofs.  We eventually forced them out of Gadgetzan, and then killed their wind rider master out of spite :)
[right][snapback]66507[/snapback][/right]

I hope you mean the Inn rooftop, not the awning on top of the Auction House. The AH awning is bugged such that you become invisible and impossible to target while on top of it. Note these two pictures taken moments apart:
http://www.aphasic.com/wow/gadget_exp1.jpg
http://www.aphasic.com/wow/gadget_exp2.jpg
The tauren didn't move.
Using that spot is pure exploit.

I personally think of any town roof camping as cheap/ganking, but I realize that's a matter up for debate. I do always make sure to mind control any perpetrators off and into the waiting arms of the bruisers.

Really though, they just need to give every third guard a gun.
malphigian,Jan 27 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:I hope you mean the Inn rooftop, not the awning on top of the Auction House.  The AH awning is bugged such that you become invisible and impossible to target while on top of it.  Note these two pictures taken moments apart:
http://www.aphasic.com/wow/gadget_exp1.jpg
http://www.aphasic.com/wow/gadget_exp2.jpg
The tauren didn't move.
Using that spot is pure exploit.

I personally think of any town roof camping as cheap/ganking, but I realize that's a matter up for debate.  I do always make sure to mind control any perpetrators off and into the waiting arms of the bruisers. 

Really though, they just need to give every third guard a gun.
[right][snapback]66517[/snapback][/right]

We used every building we could scramble on top of. The inn, the house nearest the AH, the house adjacent to the inn, and even a house on the other side of town. Don't knock it till you've tried it.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
For me, the best moments of playing WoW were all on the PvP server in beta. When you engage in quality combat against a fairly-leveled player and win, it provides much better memories than hours of mob killing. My favorite moment of the entire WoW beta was blasting a Shaman 6 levels higher than my Warlock after he jumped me on the Shimmering Flats.

It's just too bad those moments are too far in between the gankings. :(

-Bolty
Waiting for Battlegrounds for further PvP action
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jan 27 2005, 04:51 PM Wrote:For me, the best moments of playing WoW were all on the PvP server in beta.
[right][snapback]66533[/snapback][/right]

Actually my best moments of playing WoW were in the closing days of Beta and going on raids on places like Ogrimmar and the Undercity. T'was a blast to be part of two raid groups pounding our way through the guardrians of the Undercity only to be wiped by Players, the leader of the undead and the Dread Lord. (Especially since about 30 guards spawned when we attacked the Undead Leader. ;)

We recovered from that and hit Ogrimmar. Made it all the way through to Thrall before getting wiped out by a massive horde response. :)
Bolty,Jan 27 2005, 08:51 PM Wrote:For me, the best moments of playing WoW were all on the PvP server in beta.  When you engage in quality combat against a fairly-leveled player and win, it provides much better memories than hours of mob killing.  My favorite moment of the entire WoW beta was blasting a Shaman 6 levels higher than my Warlock after he jumped me on the Shimmering Flats.

It's just too bad those moments are too far in between the gankings.  :(

-Bolty
Waiting for Battlegrounds for further PvP action

I know this isn't something that works well to debate, but I'm going to plow ahead anyway.

Fun, challenging, and winnable PvP situations really aren't few and far between, they are very common. The gankings also become increasingly rare as you level up. Levels ~22 to ~34 are the hard times, but even then, it's pretty much restricted to a few key areas you can learn to avoid or just blitz through the hot spots to do what you need to. For example, in Ashenvale stonetalon is frequently camped with rogue gankers. There's definitely a real risk of getting ganked in there, but once you get out into any of the quest areas, it's almost entirely peaceful or even level PvP. So, you occasionally lose a minute on corpse recovery when turning in a quest. Sure, it's frustrating, but it's really not a big deal. As an aside, increasingly now people seem to be keeping their newly minted 60's around while leveling alts, so you usually see some very quick and nasty revenge happening after your level 25 gets steamrolled by someone. I enjoy the lower level pvp, and masochist that I am, I even find the hunted-feeling of avoiding gankers sorta enjoyable.

After that, it gets better as you go up. My priest has been attacked a total of 2 times while fighting a mob since level 45, and I spend most of my time questing in areas packed with alliance questers as well. I've had fights near quest areas, for sure, but there's very little going on I would describe as ganking (people hitting you on a mob, packs of people hitting you when you're solo minding your own business). I've also never been successfully corpse camped (a little perperation can help here, but even without, almost any class does fine).

I find the constant risk of PvP when traveling and in quest areas adds a lot of excitement to the game and a nice tension to my questing. I also spend a good bit of my time lately (while waiting for instances groups and such) running anti-ganker "patrols" in ganker-rich areas like stonetalon and ashenvale. Heck of a lot of fun to destroy those guys and help my fellow horde get their questing done, it gives you a real questing hero feeling, even without any quests at all :). None of this is possible on the Normal servers, and this is all distinct from what I hope to get from the battlegrounds.

That said, if all you want is consistent, dependably even footing fights, and uninterrupted questing and grinding, then yes, the PvP server is a bad idea. The price of PvP is the occasional gank, and I can totally see how people wouldn't want to deal with it. But I do have to object when people imply (which some people do a lot) that the PvP server is only or mostly about ganking. It's just not the case, even on a crowded mess of a server like Tich.
Having played both sides, I would recommend PvP to all. It's a true test of skill against thinking, unpredictable opponents, and a welcome breath of fresh air after hours of questing and grinding. But I don't recommend it on PvP servers - the "courageous" people there are 90% gankers or zergs. At least on PvE you can have some control over what kind of situations you get yourself into, and then get out of them once you've had enough.

I try to PvP at least an hour a night to stay sharp - but I've had enough poor and cowardly experiences over on the PvP servers that I've given those characters up entirely. The only *real* fair, challenging, interesting fights I've gotten into have all been on the PvE servers.
Cryptic,Jan 27 2005, 10:07 PM Wrote:Having played both sides, I would recommend PvP to all.  It's a true test of skill against thinking, unpredictable opponents, and a welcome breath of fresh air after hours of questing and grinding.  But I don't recommend it on PvP servers - the "courageous" people there are 90% gankers or zergs.  At least on PvE you can have some control over what kind of situations you get yourself into, and then get out of them once you've had enough.

Yah, see what I mean? 90% gankers and zergs is just a silly figure. Will you get ganked here and there? sure will, but it's by no means 90% of the population doing it, it's feel like less than 10% on Tich, but I'm gonna try to avoid making up statistics, esp. on something subjective :P. Characterizing that as pretty much the only PvP that goes on (or even the majority) is just plain wrong.

Like I said, there's no convincing people in these conversations, and I totally understand only wanting PvP on your own terms when you want it. I just wish people wouldn't resort to hyberbole like the above to make the PvP servers seem so much worse than they actually are. You're giving an inaccurate impression to people who might be trying to figure out what server to play on.
Cryptic,Jan 27 2005, 06:07 PM Wrote:Having played both sides, I would recommend PvP to all.  It's a true test of skill against thinking, unpredictable opponents, and a welcome breath of fresh air after hours of questing and grinding.  But I don't recommend it on PvP servers - the "courageous" people there are 90% gankers or zergs.  At least on PvE you can have some control over what kind of situations you get yourself into, and then get out of them once you've had enough.

I try to PvP at least an hour a night to stay sharp - but I've had enough poor and cowardly experiences over on the PvP servers that I've given those characters up entirely.  The only *real* fair, challenging, interesting fights I've gotten into have all been on the PvE servers.
[right][snapback]66542[/snapback][/right]

I've been ganked three times since I hit Lv.38, and I'm Lv.53 now. I'm sure that being on a low-pop server has something to do with that, but ganking - just like "Warriors are gimped" - is absurdly exaggerated. Personally, I would never move from low-pop Bloodscalp - the Horde is very well-organized, resources are plentiful, and ganking is mostly nonexistent.

And the answer to ganking?

Get your corpse, and get even.

EDIT: If you want a "fair, challenging, interesting" fight, start a duel. On PvP servers, you MUST be red=dead (you're a ganker if you attack grays without provocation; greens or higher are fair game), or you will have a horrible time. Half the fun of "ganking" is having an entire zone chase you around as you pick off stragglers. I have more fun doing that (hunter or hunted) than I've ever had dueling members of either side.
malphigian,Jan 27 2005, 07:27 PM Wrote:Yah, see what I mean? 90% gankers and zergs is just a silly figure. Will you get ganked here and there? sure will, but it's by no means 90% of the population doing it, it's feel like less than 10% on Tich, but I'm gonna try to avoid making up statistics, esp. on something subjective :P.  Characterizing that as pretty much the only PvP that goes on (or even the majority) is just plain wrong.

Like I said, there's no convincing people in these conversations, and I totally understand only wanting PvP on your own terms when you want it.  I just wish people wouldn't resort to hyberbole like the above to make the PvP servers seem so much worse than they actually are.  You're giving an inaccurate impression to people who might be trying to figure out what server to play on.
[right][snapback]66551[/snapback][/right]

As someone who has only played a total of an hour or so on a PvP server, I can speak to the impressions that you are talking about.

As a person with limited time, even hearing just a few stories about 'having to get a raid group to turn in quests' have made me not even consider a PvP server.

Do I feel like I'm missing out? Sure, sometimes. I've had exactly one PvP encounter (I'm level 36), and it was really quite fun.

So I do feel like I'm missing out sometimes. But the horror stories make me hesitate enough. We'll see if battlegrounds are enough or if someday I'll make the jump.
vor_lord,Jan 28 2005, 10:46 PM Wrote:As someone who has only played a total of an hour or so on a PvP server, I can speak to the impressions that you are talking about.

As a person with limited time, even hearing just a few stories about 'having to get a raid group to turn in quests' have made me not even consider a PvP server.

Do I feel like I'm missing out?  Sure, sometimes.  I've had exactly one PvP encounter (I'm level 36), and it was really quite fun.

So I do feel like I'm missing out sometimes.  But the horror stories make me hesitate enough.  We'll see if battlegrounds are enough or if someday I'll make the jump.
[right][snapback]66628[/snapback][/right]

I can completely appreciate that. Although I'd add that "having to get a raid group to turn in a quest" has never happened in my experience -- having to come back in 20 minutes, or quest elsewhere for a bit, or even blitz in and turn it in kamikaze style, sure sometimes. There's also no doubt leveling is slower on the PvP server, that much I can agree with.
Tales of the PvP Server! Mark 2, version 3, XTREME.

While questing in Stonetalon (The Charred Vale is not a fun place), the alliance started raiding Splintertree Post.

It was not cool. I saw them just outside as I went to turn in some quests. Naturally, I hid, seeing as the first person I moused over was level 60.

So, standing on a nearby hill, I casted Eagle Eye to scout the area... Five alliance players. Between 47 and 60. Seeing as I am now level 27, this was a bad thing.

Although my casting of Eagle Eye gave me the rare chance to watch someone run away from my perspective, and still manage to kill me.

Well, they charged in, I followed in kind of a suicidal desire to turn my quests in and run. Didn't last long. I got killed two or three times before I even got into the town, and by the time I did, all but one of the quest NPC's was dead. Stuff was not looking good.

It wasn't long, however, before the horde got some defenders in there, and the battle began. It was brutal. More and more high level alliance fighting more and more high level horde, back and forth across the town.

I watched from a ledge above, as the number of effective defenders rose from a single level 51 shaman to a full party of level 48-60 characters, at which point I jumped down and started sniping a gnome mage, who insta-killed me... twice.

And this is where it gets interesting, sort of, a bit. A level 52 warrior runs up to me... fishing pole swinging with mighty wrath, and I manage to fend him off for about thirty seconds, then die, again. I come in again and start sniping whatever I could target, until the defenders finally outnumbered the attackers. The alliance ran off, and Splintertree was saved.

... for about ten minutes. Most of the defenders left, but the attackers came back. I ran back out the entrance behind them, and waited by the graveyard...

Eventually, the 'Splintertree Post is under attack!' messages quit. But I didn't see any of the Alliance leave. So I carefully walked back towards Splintertree, to find the Alliance camped out by the entrance, with two of the strongest defenders... just sitting around. I was confused. A level-capped shaman started fighting one of them... but without weapons. They were boxing! And the rest of them just sat and watched. I noticed that the shaman was wearing nothing but a tabard, and the human was wearing no armor, except for a big pirate hat.

This went on for a while. Various people would start punching eachother, or dancing, or whatever, and I just sat there and kind of boggled. They were mercilessly killing eachother... so what happened for them to start hanging out like a bunch of drunken teenagers?

Eventually, I approached, mooned a rogue that had killed me repeatedly, and licked a mage I had almost killed (he was only 25 levels higher than me!), and they all--horde and alliance alike--mounted up and rode off. An odd mixture of wolves, kodos, warhorses, and mechanical runner-things all hurrying off in a nice, long train of weird.

Welcome to the world of high-level PvP, and the things we do to amuse ourselves when we get bored of questing or farming.

Did you mean Sun Rock Retreat? SRR is in Stonetalon, while Splintertree is in Ashenvale. I don't recall there being any quests in Splintertree related to Stonetalon.
A Lurker's group had occassion to PvP this past weekend after a successful RFK run. Many of us had quests to turn in on the Saltflats and a couple had quests in the area so we decided to make for the flats. Being lazy we killed the horde guarding the elevator (with Treesh mind controlling one and running it off the edge - too funny) and went down. As we are moving out (a full group of five including Ruvunal's level 38 hunter, Treesh and GG's level 31 priestess and warrior, a mid thirties warlock {brainfart on who was controlling it} and myself, a level 29 warrior) - Ruvunal gets hit by a moonfire. We run back and there is a level 32 tauren druid (who's body I had spit on at the bottom of the elevator - what? Shalandrax hates the horde) attacking. So we kill him and make our way out again. Get a few steps away and I get hit by a spell from the recently resurrected Horde. So we run back and put the smack down on him. Prepare to leave and he comes back and hits us again, shifts into cat form and trys to get away. Everyone piles on the speed and the Druid falls again. I think he attacked 2 or 3 more times before giving up. It was insane that he kept zerging us like that. :D
Something tells me that had it been a PvP server, you would have had several very angry high-levels camping your corpses soon after that - Horde tends to help each other out more often than Alliance do. But, given that the PvP state only lasts for five minutes on the carebe- er, PvE - server ( :P ), your flags would have been disabled before reinforcements arrived. Too bad - killing Alliance scum is always fun ^_^
Artega,Jan 31 2005, 10:13 AM Wrote:Something tells me that had it been a PvP server, you would have had several very angry high-levels camping your corpses soon after that - Horde tends to help each other out more often than Alliance do.  But, given that the PvP state only lasts for five minutes on the carebe- er, PvE - server ( :P ), your flags would have been disabled before reinforcements arrived.  Too bad - killing Alliance scum is always fun ^_^
[right][snapback]66796[/snapback][/right]

To be corpse camped we would have had to lose first. :P

Killing horde is fun too. :D
Artega,Jan 31 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:Welcome to the world of high-level PvP, and the things we do to amuse ourselves when we get bored of questing or farming.

Did you mean Sun Rock Retreat?  SRR is in Stonetalon, while Splintertree is in Ashenvale.  I don't recall there being any quests in Splintertree related to Stonetalon.
[right][snapback]66787[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it was Sun Rock Retreat. But it was also 3 AM. So, yeah.