Holy crap! I just watched the worst *** ever
In hushed voices and muted tones, I was told that this existed. I still thought it might be a hoax, because there is no way that anything can be this outrageously awful.

I scoured the web until I found a copy of my worst nightmare. Yep, it exists. And yep, it's horrible.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193524/

The original cast was in it -- Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Vader et al were all played by the original actors (James Earl Jones, whyfore how thou art saken us?).

[Image: starwarsholiday.jpg]
This is not a photoshopped image -- this is a legitimate screen capture.

STARRING MARK HAMILL !!
[Image: swluke.JPG]
Again, this is a screen capture I took with my own mouse-wielding hand.

Bea Arthur is in this atrocity! BEA ARTHUR!
I WANT IT.

I've been searching for a copy of that horror forever now. Think you could float it my way?
See you in Town,
-Z
DeeBye,Dec 1 2004, 10:49 PM Wrote:In hushed voices and muted tones, I was told that this existed.  I still thought it might be a hoax, because there is no way that anything can be this outrageously awful.

I scoured the web until I found a copy of my worst nightmare.  Yep, it exists.  And yep, it's horrible.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193524/

The original cast was in it -- Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Vader et al were all played by the original actors (James Earl Jones, whyfore how thou art saken us?).

This is not a photoshopped image -- this is a legitimate screen capture.

STARRING MARK HAMILL !!
Again, this is a screen capture I took with my own mouse-wielding hand.

Bea Arthur is in this atrocity!  BEA ARTHUR!
[right][snapback]61718[/snapback][/right]

I am now dead on the inside. Thanks, Deebye.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Zarathustra,Dec 2 2004, 02:13 AM Wrote:I WANT IT.

I've been searching for a copy of that horror forever now.  Think you could float it my way?
[right][snapback]61719[/snapback][/right]

It's a 439 MB mpeg. I'd love to share the wealth, but I can't see an easy way of transferring it.

There's an inexplicable short cartoon featuring Boba Fett contained within the video
[Image: bobafett.jpg]

edit:[Image: eggmcmuffin78.JPG]
1978 commercials are awesome!
DeeBye,Dec 2 2004, 01:29 AM Wrote:It's a 439 MB mpeg.  I'd love to share the wealth, but I can't see an easy way of transferring it.

Hmm. No CD burner + 1$ mail? =)
I read on IMDB a couple days ago that Lucas is trying to pull the film. Understandable. He recently spooged on the first three films with his sfxgasm, puked up the second trilogy, and now he's trying to get this piece of crap off the market. Way to bodily function there, Georgie.

A random Google search shows that many filesharing places are picking up this film. Free crap forever! Bleah.

Carrie Fisher SINGS.

Bleah.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Drasca,Dec 2 2004, 08:43 AM Wrote:Hmm. No CD burner + 1$ mail? =)
[right][snapback]61726[/snapback][/right]

BitTorrent.
Count Duckula,Dec 1 2004, 11:50 PM Wrote:Carrie Fisher SINGS.
Ewwww. One thing that woman does not have is a voice. :wacko:
Walkiry,Dec 2 2004, 05:00 AM Wrote:BitTorrent.
[right][snapback]61731[/snapback][/right]

I'm a relative bittorrent newbie. How would I go about searching for it?
See you in Town,
-Z
Count Duckula,Dec 2 2004, 01:50 AM Wrote:I read on IMDB a couple days ago that Lucas is trying to pull the film. Understandable. He recently spooged on the first three films with his sfxgasm, puked up the second trilogy, and now he's trying to get this piece of crap off the market. Way to bodily function there, Georgie.

A random Google search shows that many filesharing places are picking up this film. Free crap forever! Bleah.

Carrie Fisher SINGS.

Bleah.
[right][snapback]61727[/snapback][/right]

Your second sentence was a work of art. *doffs chapeau* :D

On the other hand, it induced what can only be called a "great visual - not- while sipping on cup of coffee number two!"

*looks for sharp pencil to poke into eyes!*

Occhi

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I have fond memories of this special from my youth. Not because it was good but because it was Star Wars related and I was hooked on all things Star Wars at that time period. I'd be interested in picking up a copy if for no other reason than to howl with derisive laughter througout it. :)
Tal,Dec 3 2004, 06:01 AM Wrote:I'd be interested in picking up a copy if for no other reason than to howl with derisive laughter througout it. :)
[right][snapback]61810[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately it isn't funny. It's almost sad.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Dec 3 2004, 12:45 PM Wrote:Unfortunately it isn't funny.  It's almost sad.
[right][snapback]61813[/snapback][/right]
But Carrie Fisher sings! ;)
Tal,Dec 3 2004, 02:24 PM Wrote:But Carrie Fisher sings! ;)
[right][snapback]61815[/snapback][/right]

Is that what you call it?
Zarathustra,Dec 2 2004, 07:28 PM Wrote:I'm a relative bittorrent newbie.  How would I go about searching for it?
[right][snapback]61742[/snapback][/right]

It's quite simple really.

First step, download MakeTorrent 2. With this you can create the .torrent file necessary to distribute your file. It's pretty simple, once you run the porgram simply select the file you want to "torretify", choose http://walkiry.no-ip.org:6969/announce as your "Tracker" server and click on "Create Torrent".

Second step, go to http://walkiry.no-ip.org:6969 , register as user and upload the .torrent file.

Third step, download the actual BitTorrent client and use it to open the .torrent file. Then BitTorrent asks you where you want to save the download, select the folder/directory where the original file you wanted to distribute is and presto! It'll check everything's in order and is ready to let people download from you directly.

Now anyone can go to http://walkiry.no-ip.org:6969 and download the .torrent file. Share the love! ;) Anyone who downloads it and leaves their BT client running will be sharing bandwidth.

BT is very useful, I use it for example to distribute the fan-made videos I did for City of Heroes, and a couple of times we've torrentified demos of games here at the Lounge (Lineage II and Knight Online come to mind).
Walkiry,Dec 3 2004, 04:31 PM Wrote:It's quite simple really.
[right][snapback]61825[/snapback][/right]

How easy was it for you to set up your tracker? I've been thinking about installing one on my own hosting.
DeeBye,Dec 4 2004, 12:45 AM Wrote:How easy was it for you to set up your tracker?  I've been thinking about installing one on my own hosting.
[right][snapback]61840[/snapback][/right]

Just had to install BNBT:

http://bnbt.go-dedicated.com/

Easiest tracker software ever ^_^
Walkiry,Dec 3 2004, 09:42 PM Wrote:Just had to install BNBT:

http://bnbt.go-dedicated.com/

Easiest tracker software ever ^_^
[right][snapback]61847[/snapback][/right]

I checked it out, and it looks to me like it's something run from your own machine. I have my own hosting, and I'd rather run a tracker from there.

edit: I installed TorrentTrader, and it seems to be working like a charm. Awaiting mod approval before I post a .torrent link for this video.
*waits patiently*
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Dec 4 2004, 07:44 PM Wrote:*waits patiently*
[right][snapback]61922[/snapback][/right]

PM sent.