Sneak Peak at the Upcoming Patch
Tyren made a nice summary of some of the hints given by the developers of the upcoming patch. Naturally, Blizzard has tried to yet again to keep this information wrapped in secrecy by posting it as a sticky at the top of their boards, but nonetheless I managed to find it and thought I'd share it with you to start some discussion.

Quote:Since we've had lots of small hints about the next patch, I will post a summary of them here. Please remember these are NOT complete by any means and we will provide full details of the patch in the patch notes.

------------

EnoYls:

--We continue to spend most of our content time in Kalimdor right now.
- more graveyards
- more flight paths
- more quests
-- We are going to change it so that you cannot change armor in combat, but you can still swap items in your hand slots and ranged slots.
------------

Tigole:

Here's a small sample of upcoming stuff:

--Hunter Talents and improvements
--Pally Talents and improvements (very cool changes!)
--Some *awesome* changes to the warrior
--Tons of tradeskill polish
--Lots more quests... newbie zone polish, plus additional Horde content in the re-vamped Kalimdor zones (ashenvale, desolace, stonetalon, etc.)
--More flight paths
--More Graveyards
--Onyxia >=]
------------

Kalgan:

--The racial traits are currently in internal testing, they aren't some nebulous feature still in concept.
Look right here at my screen *tabs to internal WoW build*... racial traits, for every race. I see 'em. =]
--Worry not, the Felhunter and Infernal are also in this push. :0
--The PvP rewards will also be in this push actually. =]
In addition, the full scoring mechanisms will be in for the honor system, along with some key refinements to how the honor system works.
------------

Thanks to the entire dev team for their tireless efforts!

Tyren
[ post edited by Tyren ]

I'm thrilled that Ashvenvale, Stonetalon, and Desolace are getting full revamps. Some of the changes can already be seen in those areas and they look great. I definitely want to make a horde character at some point after the full changes are implemented.

The comments on racial traits are interesting, but I'm not sure from the comments if that means that racial traits will be coming in the upcoming patch or not. I hope so. Previous comments have been made that racial traits are only meant to be small to avoid the feeling that only one race is the "best." I hope this means that undead racial traits are going to be toned down a lot.

Bolty should be happy about the news that Felhunters and Infernals will be in the next patch.

I can't wait to see my hunter's talents!
MongoJerry,Oct 27 2004, 04:30 PM Wrote:Tyren made a nice summary of some of the hints given by the developers of the upcoming patch.  Naturally, Blizzard has tried to yet again to keep this information wrapped in secrecy by posting it as a sticky at the top of their boards, but nonetheless I managed to find it and thought I'd share it with you to start some discussion.
I'm thrilled that Ashvenvale, Stonetalon, and Desolace are getting full revamps.  Some of the changes can already be seen in those areas and they look great.  I definitely want to make a horde character at some point after the full changes are implemented.

The comments on racial traits are interesting, but I'm not sure from the comments if that means that racial traits will be coming in the upcoming patch or not.  I hope so.  Previous comments have been made that racial traits are only meant to be small to avoid the feeling that only one race is the "best."  I hope this means that undead racial traits are going to be toned down a lot.

Bolty should be happy about the news that Felhunters and Infernals will be in the next patch.

I can't wait to see my hunter's talents!
[right][snapback]58413[/snapback][/right]

Their comments on the racial traits means that they have them internally and are working on them before giving them to us. I would expect those to show up in the patches after this next one. It will be interesting to see what happens with Undead racial traits.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.