HOLY SH*T!
Ebay Now THAT'S just insane. I honestly can't think of any words to describe this. :blink:

NoMaD
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
He could almost start his own store with that.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Hi,

So, just what is so amazing, that he collected that much stuff or that he's willing to take a huge loss by selling it as a package?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Lady Vashj,Oct 6 2004, 08:58 AM Wrote:He could almost start his own store with that.
[right][snapback]57165[/snapback][/right]

He's very organized, maybe he did or was going to. That, or the stuff is hot. (He's a bit more thorough than I would expect for that.)
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
If it was hot, you'd think he'd ask for cash. It's ever so much harder to trace than check, money order, or credit card.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Pete,Oct 6 2004, 12:38 PM Wrote:So, just what is so amazing, that he collected that much stuff or that he's willing to take a huge loss by selling it as a package?
[right][snapback]57168[/snapback][/right]

The fact that he took the time to collect all of that stuff, organize it, package it, weigh it, take pictures, for minimal profit (assuming the items were not given to him, or hot, as Jahcs suggests) is amazing to me.

Only in America.

Cheers,

Munk
What's even stranger is that I've seen the same guy put up at least two other lots that contained pretty much the same stuff. I think those two lots even got sold.

If he (or she) is sitting on that much stuff, why not just open a small store? (Oh, right, you need to pay rent and taxes and things if you open a real-live store. :P)
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Pete,Oct 6 2004, 01:38 PM Wrote:Hi,

So, just what is so amazing, that he collected that much stuff or that he's willing to take a huge loss by selling it as a package?

--Pete
[right][snapback]57168[/snapback][/right]

I think the amazing part is that someone actually owned a "Virtual Boy". That thing was a piece of crap!

"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
What I find so amazing is that he actually took the time (and money) to buy so much stuff, test it, organize it, weigh it, and package it. That and the fact he is selling it for VERY minimal profit. That and the pictures. When I first saw the pictures I found myself having to pick my jaw up off the floor. I can understand maybe owning one of everything but come on, thats just overkill. Now if he had actually found a way to connect them all..... :ph34r:

NoMaD
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Count Duckula,Oct 6 2004, 02:42 PM Wrote:What's even stranger is that I've seen the same guy put up at least two other lots that contained pretty much the same stuff. I think those two lots even got sold.

If he (or she) is sitting on that much stuff, why not just open a small store? (Oh, right, you need to pay rent and taxes and things if you open a real-live store. :P)
[right][snapback]57177[/snapback][/right]

He may actually be a former store-owner, who is now emptying his warehouse space. :P

I know someone who owned an Art Deco store. He got tired of retail hours, and decided to semi-retire. His warehouse is crammed with 'stuff' that he collected over the years, and he has been selling selected items off slowly through eBay for some time. Surprisingly, he usually gets more for the items this way, as he has access to a much wider group of collectors than he ever did at his storefront.

Oh, and he still makes a comfortable chunk of money from some items that he doesn't ever sell. Ever wonder where the authentic period stuff for some movies comes from? Things like the 'right' lamp on the table? Or the 'right' dishes for dining? They are rented for the movie and then the owner gets the joy of warehousing them until the next time someone needs the exact right backdrop for some scene in a movie.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Count Duckula,Oct 6 2004, 02:42 PM Wrote:What's even stranger is that I've seen the same guy put up at least two other lots that contained pretty much the same stuff. I think those two lots even got sold.
The funniest thing I've seen on Ebay was a giant plastic Chuck-E-Cheese crawl space. It was going for an outrageous price, and had an additional shipping//packaging fee of over $2000.

I've never stopped being amazed at the ridiculous of the items on Ebay. I've also never stopped being even more shocked at the people who buy them.

Cheers,

Munk
JustAGuy,Oct 6 2004, 04:37 PM Wrote:I think the amazing part is that someone actually owned a "Virtual Boy". That thing was a piece of crap!
[right][snapback]57180[/snapback][/right]

I STILL own one. I love my Mario Tennis & Virtual Boy.

Don't be dissing the Red Visor yo! ;) (Sorry, I just had to. :D)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
JustAGuy,Oct 6 2004, 04:37 PM Wrote:I think the amazing part is that someone actually owned a "Virtual Boy". That thing was a piece of crap!
[right][snapback]57180[/snapback][/right]

I used to own a Leisure-Vision B) I have no idea what happened to it.
Eek!
I had to look around to make sure nobody had ripped me off.

Whew, my goodies are still here.

Edit: Hmmm, had a chance to look through his list. Surprised that there isn't much Atari stuff. A few interesting, uncommon systems, but most looks like it came from a rental operation.
Roland,Oct 6 2004, 08:00 PM Wrote:I STILL own one. I love my Mario Tennis & Virtual Boy.

Don't be dissing the Red Visor yo! ;) (Sorry, I just had to. :D)
[right][snapback]57207[/snapback][/right]

My condolences on your purchase. ;)

"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
DeeBye,Oct 6 2004, 09:20 PM Wrote:I used to own a Leisure-Vision  B)  I have no idea what happened to it.
[right][snapback]57214[/snapback][/right]

Hey! There's a game called "Hobo" for that thing. Pretty sweet. I wonder what the objective of that game is...

"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
JustAGuy,Oct 7 2004, 01:37 PM Wrote:Hey! There's a game called "Hobo" for that thing. Pretty sweet. I wonder what the objective of that game is...
[right][snapback]57261[/snapback][/right]

The cartridge size is at least twice that of 'Capture.' Perhaps the worlds first 100 hour + RPG about living on the streets? Now all I need to do is raise 3 grand, I think I found a lot of 500 of them on Ebay. . . :P

Cheers,

Munk
Munkay,Oct 6 2004, 08:57 PM Wrote:I've never stopped being amazed at the ridiculous of the items on Ebay.  I've also never stopped being even more shocked at the people who buy them.
[right][snapback]57206[/snapback][/right]

I've given up on being disturbed by anything made available on Ebay, ever since they apparently had to make a rule against people literally selling their souls there. :huh:
Zingydex,Oct 7 2004, 04:46 PM Wrote:I've given up on being disturbed by anything made available on Ebay, ever since they apparently had to make a rule against people literally selling their souls there.  :huh:
[right][snapback]57275[/snapback][/right]

That reminds me of the time I saw some one selling a vial of 'virgin blood.' Was it a joke? Was it serious? I didn't bother trying to find out.

But I'm sure if Ebay didn't try to stop them, there was some one out there who bought it. At least it makes life interesting.

Cheers,

Munk
[Image: games.jpg]

(not mine)