Vote for Diablo II
http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefight/matc...ches/0403.shtml

First round of the finals is Diablo II vs. Zelda, and DII is losing. :(

Please add your vote to put it back where it belongs: on top.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
OMG, Diablo can't loose to that game! GO VOTE!!! I already cast my vote. I may have to break out my other computer out of hibernation to cast another vote.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I have just voted for DiabloII. I already called at 5 friend that like D2 and they will vote to. Hope that our favourite game wins.

Iceman
AKA Coldheart at the Basin.<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
I used up my block of 10 IP's :) Vote! Vote! Vote!
IMNSHO, both of these games are hugely overrated, which is a pretty good indication of this "tournament" as a whole.

But OoT is much more overrated than D2. D2 got my worthless vote.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Thanks for your help, everybody who voted; OoT is now behind by some 3000 votes. It has no chance of catching Diablo II in only two hours. :)
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
It appears that there will have to be a rematch:

Quote:GameSpy’s Title Fight Commission consists of an expert panel of engineers, statisticians, and guys who are really good at Super Street Fighter II Turbo. In an emergency meeting convened this morning it was unanimously agreed that unauthorized voting manipulation had been practiced in two suspect round 4 matches. Both the Diablo II-Zelda64 and Halo-Half-Life matchups will be re-run under a more secure system. The Title Fight Commissioner himself (pictured, left) has issued the following statement:
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
So basically they didn't get the result they wanted and are going to repeat the vote until they do.

Who the hell is in charge of GameSpy? Tony Blair?

Edit: As it turns out, I have a GS ID. So I logged in.

They asked to confirm my details. I did so.

They asked me again. I did so.

And again. I did so.

And again. I punched the keyboard and resubmitted my details.

And they asked me again.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
The initial results of the D2 vs. Zelda matches have been cancelled, and run again with the votes reset to zero. You must now log in with a Gamespy ID to vote (and presumably in the finals this weekend). D2 handily beat Zelda, 18k to 15k in the first vote, but the very high vote totals for both games apparently indicated some script voting shenanigans. If you're like me and have never even considered registering with Gamespy, you'll have to consider just how badly you want to register your opinion. Registering is free, and you can always use fake information. *cough* If you're really evil, you could register multiple times.

It's neck and neck, and we need every vote we can get!!!

http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefight/matc...ches/0403.shtml

Here's the link to make an ID.
https://www.gamespyid.com/index.aspx

GOGO Lurker Lounge community!!!
@Crogon:
Blarg, canned post. Copy-paste job. Ew.

@Nitefox:
Actually, if you had seen the exit polls for the HalfLife/Halo competition, you too probably would have called for a recount of any even moderately suspicious vote. Halo: 27,000 vs. HalfLife: 6,000 within the first 5 hours...you know there's something wrong. Moving to a more secure system is good all around.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
I'm confused, did they re-do the votes legitametly? Last time I checked, the numbers were different than they are now, but theres still that Don King picture up?

And yes, I noticed that cut and paste from Diabloii.net also.
What is the point in voting for Buzzard's game?

Does it make our manhoods stiffer and taller if Diablo II wins? I doubt it.
Does it make bnet more stable? Probably not.
Does it make Starcraft Ghosts a better game? No.

What does it do besides add meaningless data to a game site?

Games is games. Play the ones you like, shelve the ones you don't. No need to "vote" for the best game, the sales figures already tell us at least on measure of merit, don't they? :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete