Sam & Max II
I'm looking forward to this title:

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/freelancepolice/

Does anyone know when it will be released?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Hi,

Does anyone know when it will be released?

You're kidding, right?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

It's on about every single page on that website..... :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
I know, it says "Spring 2004", but I meant a more exact date :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
[Image: alftastic.jpg]

Seriously, a new Sam'n'Max game would be cool. I only played a few minutes of the first, but it was one of those obvious classic Sierra adventures. Too bad that genre is all but dead now. :(
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Broken Sword 3?

... I think that's what it's called.
"I only played a few minutes of the first, but it was one of those obvious classic Sierra adventures."

Wasn't it Lucasarts, not Sierra?

Jester
Quote:Wasn't it Lucasarts, not Sierra?

Ach, you're right.

Brainfarts 1, WarLocke 0

:blink:
WarLocke,Jan 17 2004, 08:31 PM Wrote:Ach, you're right.

Brainfarts 1, WarLocke 0

:blink:
Sierra's games never even came close to the funniness of LucasArts. I don't see how you could confuse the two :P

(Though Sierra's adventure games were great in their own right)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Hmmm, LucasArts published Maniac Mansion, didn't they? I wouldn't mind a few more games like that one. Although the game play was a bit too 'clever', as most adventure games are. Great sense of humor though.
Nystul,Jan 17 2004, 10:12 PM Wrote:Hmmm, LucasArts published Maniac Mansion, didn't they?  I wouldn't mind a few more games like that one.  Although the game play was a bit too 'clever', as most adventure games are.  Great sense of humor though.
That and it's hilarious sequel, Day of the Tentacle. And the Monkey Island series. And Grim Fandango. And Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis... (some more, but I haven't played them).

When The Dig and Grim Fandango didn't do too well, the company freaked out and backed away from doing adventure games, excluding the Monkey Island series. It's nice to see them trying to go back to it.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jan 18 2004, 05:02 AM Wrote:That and it's hilarious sequel, Day of the Tentacle.  And the Monkey Island series.  And Grim Fandango.  And Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis... (some more, but I haven't played them).

When The Dig and Grim Fandango didn't do too well, the company freaked out and backed away from doing adventure games, excluding the Monkey Island series.  It's nice to see them trying to go back to it.
Last year, even "Full Throttle II" (like "Sam & Max II" a sequel in 3D) was in the making at Lucas Arts. But last time I've read the official website, it said that the game has recently been cancelled because its quality didn't meet "Lucas Arts quality standards" ... but who knows what the real truth is, because the previews looked actually very good and promising.
I've just made an install of the aforementioned Lucas Arts classics "Sam & Max" and "Day of the Tentacle" and started playing them again (they can still be played under W2000 if you have VDMSound and ScummVM installed). Just beautiful! :D

Screenshots from "Sam & Max":

[Image: samnmax_01.jpg]

[Image: samnmax_02.jpg]

Screenshots from "Day of the Tentacle" with Bernard, Laverne and Hoagie, and the nutty professor:

[Image: dott_01.jpg]

[Image: dott_02.jpg]
Ahhh!

Dangit, now I wish I had copies of those games, dangit!

Lemme go see if they're maybe on the Underdogs or something...
WarLocke,Jan 18 2004, 05:21 PM Wrote:Ahhh!

Dangit, now I wish I had copies of those games, dangit!

Lemme go see if they're maybe on the Underdogs or something...
I think you can still buy many Lucas Arts classics at Amazon.com (new or used).
I have the set that came with DOTT, Sam and Max, and Indiana ;)
I swear I have a total of 8 discs of the MI series (But I don't have Escape from Monkey Island!)

Underdogs does have some of the SCUMM games IIRC, as do other sources, but most of them don't have voices. Each and everyone one of those voices must be heard!
Quote:Underdogs does have some of the SCUMM games IIRC

I just skimmed the listings, looking for Sam & Max, Maniac Mansion, or Day of the Tentacle. They definitely don't have those three. :(

I guess I'll have to resort to Amazon, durned evil corporation.

Heh, also spotted a couple other adventure-type games there that I want. Dark Earth, The Longest Journey, and Omikron: The Nomad Soul all looked nice...
I just found this picture among my archived game files. It's a scan of the original "Sam & Max" poster with the Yeti in an ice cube in the background. Looks beautiful, doesn't it? :D

My "Day of the Tentacle" and "Sam & Max" games, by the way, are from a "Bestseller Games" magazine series that has been published years ago here in Germany for 5 dollars per mag/game. Today, I don't regret that I've purchased them back then :)

[Image: Sam_and_Max_Poster.jpg]
whoaa! awesome!

*saveas*

I used to play sam&max and DOTT alot back in the 90s, but it is still funny to try them again.. I wish lucas could make an adventuregames-pack, with all the adventuregames they have been given out, like dott, sam&max, the dig, grim fandango, indiana jones, full throttle etc.
--

A little of topic I must say that the games Touchè and The legend of Kyrandia is also games that should have been more popular. Great games both of them.
By all means marry. If you get a good wife you will become happy, and if you get a bad one you will become a philosopher.
Quark,Jan 18 2004, 05:44 PM Wrote:Underdogs does have some of the SCUMM games IIRC, as do other sources, but most of them don't have voices.  Each and everyone one of those voices must be heard!
"Day of the Tentacle" and "Sam & Max" both came as floppy disk versions and a bit later as CD-ROM versions. Only the latter have speeches, but they are gorgeous and took these already great games to an even higher quality level :)