This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-09-2011, 09:03 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: I don't think creationism should be allowed to be taught in schools, does that make me an intolerant atheist? If so, oh well. Keep that shit in the church or at home.
Yes, you are intolerant. Which is why you called it shit. Religions can be taught in philosophy, religious or humanities classes. I have no problem optional classes being taught even in public schools. If you wanted to learn more about Islam, Judaism, Christianity, so be it. But, we should teach science in the science class (Edwards v. Aquillard, 107 S. Ct. 2573), although I feel the science class should be sensitive to how science data and religious beliefs clash.

Quote:You can't prevent people from praying in public though, as that is akin to preventing freedom of thought which is not only wrong, but impossible.
It doesn't stop the extremists from trying. Ask a Muslim how easy it is to practice their faith in America. And, for example, "A federal appeals court recently overturned a lower court ruling that had declared the National Day of Prayer to be unconstitutional." The National Day of Prayer is not a mandate.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by kandrathe - 10-09-2011, 09:43 PM