This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-11-2011, 05:45 PM)kandrathe Wrote: It was important for my great grandmother in particular who was persecuted for her faith back in Europe.
What religion did she practice? This was probably a case of where christians among them had different opinions so strong that it was worth fighting over.

(10-11-2011, 05:45 PM)kandrathe Wrote: In the past discussions on this topic, the bottom line for me has been that society needs a common code for moral and ethical behavior, and for most Americans, that code has stemmed from their religious upbringing.

Not it hasn't. This was a cultural thing. Don't confuse religion with culture. Ethics existed long before Jesus supposedly walked the earth.
The way a people choses from all that is written in their sacred books to make up their society is culture.

Further I don't understand your comment about being against atheism.
The only thing I have against atheism is the name. The name implies that theism is the rule. An atheist is just not willing to live his life based on unproven tales in some old book. What is you problem with that?

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by eppie - 10-12-2011, 09:31 AM