This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-24-2011, 06:52 PM)eppie Wrote: I think you are using examples, extreme examples, to prove a point.

Nope, because I'm not trying to prove a point. I specifically stated that my initial post had no point and I still stick by that. I don't want unemployment to go away. I honestly don't really care if the system is being abused or not or if it's working wonderfully or not. It's this sense of entitlement to everything someone wants that bugs me, especially when we have folks who struggle to get their basic needs. I could go into long rants about how I could make everything better if I was in charge, but honestly, all the political, socio-economic discussions that go on here are nothing more than mental masturbation without doing anything to back it up. We have these discussion because the folks here get enjoyment out of it (which is a good thing), but ultimately it comes to nothing without doing something to back it up. So, I don't join in except to throw in a couple of comments here and there without trying to prove things one way or the other. Besides, who's to say my opinions are "correct"? I could be wrong about a lot of things and what works for me doesn't work for everyone so I don't try to force my point of view onto others but rather just try to explain my own thoughts on the matter, although I never have had good luck communicating those thoughts.
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by Treesh - 10-25-2011, 02:32 AM