Grizabella, the Realistic Fighter Mage
GRIZABELLA: ACT V ANYA

[Image: Griz5_ap.jpg]

I climbed up to the Arreat Plateau and breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, I was in a place that wasn't wall-to-wall fire immunes. The Returned Mages, Carvers, and Carver Shaman weren't fire immune, so they could be dispatched quickly. The only fire immunes there were the Demon Gremlins (Imps) who don't have much in the way of hit points anyway. Grizabella had max cold resist and by now was wearing her Ravenfrost all the time (she'd found it off a random monster in nightmare difficulty), so I wasn't concerned about her dying from Shaman glacial spikes. Nevertheless, I still had her teleport next to the Shaman and dispatch them first. The going was smooth and I readily found the waypoint. It was time to be off to the Crystaline Passage.

The first group of monsters to meet me was made of Claw Vipers. Nice, no immunities. The second group was made of Dark Archers. Cold immune, no problem. The third group to appear made me cackle out loud. Snow Drifters -- cold immune. Not one fire immune in the whole passage, all of the monsters moved slowly, and all of them could be easily handled by Confuse. It was a slaughter. I did a full clear of the passage simply to enjoy the rare experience of, as I put it earlier, "bulldozing my way through monster packs."

[Image: Griz5_fr.jpg]

The Frozen River had Snow Drifters, Claw Vipers, and Gloams. The Gloams were a pain, of course. After I Zealed to start the Confuse aura, I'd Teleport around to take them out first. However, none of the monsters were fire immune, so progress was steady. After a good while, I found and rescued Anya from her icy prison.

[Image: Griz5_fr2.jpg]

I got the scroll from Malah, but I didn't really need the extra +10% to all resists as I had already maxed everything except poison. But it did allow me to substitute out a fire resist charm for a life charm. You can't complain about a little extra life.

I then visited Anya expectantly to see what she'd give me. "An orb?! What the hell am I going to do with an orb? Don't you see what I'm using here? Where's my cruel phase blade of evisceration, you ungrateful wench?!"

Next: Nihlathak's Temple.

Messages In This Thread
Grizabella, the Realistic Fighter Mage - by MongoJerry - 08-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Grizabella, the Realistic Fighter Mage - by Zath - 08-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Grizabella, the Realistic Fighter Mage - by Bolty - 08-12-2003, 01:02 AM