I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting
unrealshadow13,Oct 5 2004, 05:26 PM Wrote:I don't want to have to right click stuff, and Zips are smaller anyway.
[right][snapback]57110[/snapback][/right]
It would require the extra time to zip the files and upload them to the website. Also this would take more space/clutter. Granted this is a very minimal investment, its an even more minimal investment for some one to merely add one more click.

Not to mention it brings in a middle man, for realitively small word files. I personally don't see the reason to condense a 7k document to 5k, especially not in the age of 200gig hard drives. Also it saves the hassle of having to use a zip program when I want to view a file.

My HTML skills are a few years rusty, but I do beleive it is possible to create a link that opens the 'save' command in broswers. Maybe I'm making that up though.

Cheers,

Munk

Messages In This Thread
I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting - by Guest - 10-03-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting - by Guest - 10-05-2004, 03:11 AM
I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting - by Guest - 10-05-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm an idiot and need help with web page hosting - by Munkay - 10-05-2004, 11:23 PM