I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone
Come live where I live, with the ignorant unwashed masses of rednecks. Dumb country bumpkins. These are people that have a hard time walking and chewing gum at the same time. They are the sort of people that will bring a screaming 1 or 2 year old brat into a fine dining establishment, or into a movie theatre, and then allow said tot to SCREAM through the whole time.

I don't leave my jammer on all the time. I don't "play" with it, contrary to the above assuption. When I go into a place where I like to eat and have a nice dinner, damnit, I am going to make sure I have a nice dinner. I turn on the jammer and then drop whatever I need to to the manager to kick out those with the screaming brood. I shouldn't have to do this, but I do. If I go into a meeting, or a gathering, or some event where paying attention is required, the jammer goes on. If I go into a movie, I turn the jammer on. And I turn it off the moment the credits roll. If a business can not enforce the policy of "please turn your phones off during the movie" then I reserve my right to use whatever means at my disposal to get what I PAID for.

Cell jammers are currently illegal. But I don't think they will remain as such for long. I have talked with a lot folks that own places like dining establishments and theatres and public places, and most of them want to purchase commercial jammers. A few guys I know already do this, illegal or not, and people in general are so dumb that they can't figure out why their phones never work in this place or that place. There are big signs at the entrance saying to please turn off your cell phones, yet, people still can't figure out why they can't seem to call out or get a call in... If they had turned off their cell phones as requested, they wouldn't even be aware that there is a problem. A business can lose a lot of money from potential customers... Big spenders and good tippers like my self simply because the atmosphere is so damned annoying. And businesses want people like me to come and spend my money and line their pockets. And do to this means satisfying my desires. I vote with my wallet. So, illegal or not, businesses that start using jammers are more likely to get my business. Places that offer zero tolerance for bad behaviour are going to get my money. And there are a LOT of people just like me.

And if I really wanted to be a prick, I could turn my jammer up to full blast. All I want is a small quiet zone around me. It's not asking much, it's not being an asshat, and in general is good for everybody including those with cell phones because it gives them a break from the constant pressures of the outside world. When I went and saw Robots, a woman a row behind me said "I can't believe nobody has called, it was wonderful to have time to my self" to her friend.

All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone - by Doc - 04-14-2005, 08:40 PM