Showing ID & signing in to buy OTC cold medicines?
jahcs,Apr 16 2005, 11:52 PM Wrote:driving is a privilege, not a right
[right][snapback]74217[/snapback][/right]

Only because that is what the law says.

If I go out and purchase a bike, and proceed to maintain the bike (like, the pedal kind), and do everything necessary to learn everything to keep myself alive during it's usage, as well as any necessary safety laws, I have taken all steps necessary to have the RIGHT to ride that back. It's MINE. Who are you to tell me not to ride it?

I own my car. I maintain my car (at great cost, sometimes). Not you, not anyone else. I know the safety laws, and I pay for insurance. Why are you telling me I don't have the right to use my own property as I see fit?

In fact, isn't there a constitutional amendment that allows for freedom of transportation?

Driving is only "a privilege, not a right" because there are those who feel they are smarter than everyone else, and should dictate how everyone else lives. #$%& those people. They are the stupidest of them all.

Those people are the reason that someone can be seen walking down the street with a dime bag of meth, or cocaine, or heroine, or anything you want, for personal use, not even in their system, and suddenly BLAM! They are in jail, 3-10, bunked with murderers, rapists, and other "hard" criminals. What did they do wrong? Tried to get something to give them a lift before/after work.

So much for FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Among other civil liberties that are non-existant.

Messages In This Thread
Showing ID & signing in to buy OTC cold medicines? - by SetBuilder - 04-17-2005, 06:18 PM