Amazon v1.10 Phys => Lightning (Bolt)--
Before posting I ran a search over at theamazonbasin to see if anyone there has posted details/testing and I see, as of now, that they've been aware of the change to Lightning Bolt and are (mostly) happy about it but haven't reported much in the way of test results.

To me, it seems like a very important 2 point wonder (1 prereq, 1 point in skill) to add an extra element for Bowazons if they run into something immune to their normal phys/bow-skill-fire/cold. While it is true that they could pump Magic Arrow now, I believe, especially with uber Valks, that most zons would prefer to conserve points and solve the occasional troublesome boss with 2PW.

The patch readme and the skill hover now claim that 100% of physical is translated to lightning. So here are some preliminary results and open questions...

0) I didn't find a Lightning Immune during my limited time for testing, so I can't confirm the 100% conv directly

1) neither Lightning Bolt or Lightning Fury (similar "bolt" animations) show AR, but LB always hits and LF doesn't.

2) Monster Flee is carried by both (as was the proc from Laying of Hands)
2a) the usual questions remain: what about CB, Knockback, Slow, Open Wounds, etc.?

3) despite adders bumping the displayed damage for LB, no cold/blue poison/green effects were ever observed from LB (whereas this transmission yes/no is how I could readily tell if LF hit)
3a) this begs the question of whether the display is just wrong or whether the elemental ADDERS were converted as well as the physical?
3b) another key question, since historically Freezing Arrow and Exploding Arrow have added adders of their element, is whether +lightning adders pass along (as opposed to, say, just phys adders, which are then converted)?
3c) how do crits/deadly strike factor in? +phys damage auras? (at a stretch: what about holy shock {modders})

4) LF leaches, LB doesn't

So, all in all, if the 100% is confirmed, Lightning vs. PI for two points is a pretty good deal, and #2 (above) effects with always hitting seems a big bonus. On the down side, as a primary skill, not leeching makes it terribly expensive.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Amazon v1.10 Phys => Lightning (Bolt)-- - by Crystalion - 07-30-2003, 10:04 PM
Amazon v1.10 Phys => Lightning (Bolt)-- - by Zath - 08-03-2003, 01:49 PM