Amazon v1.10 Phys => Lightning (Bolt)--
Quote:preliminary results and open questions...

0) I didn't find a Lightning Immune during my limited time for testing, so I can't confirm the 100% conv directly

1) neither Lightning Bolt or Lightning Fury (similar "bolt" animations) show AR, but LB always hits and LF doesn't.

2) Monster Flee is carried by both (as was the proc from Laying of Hands)
2a) the usual questions remain: what about CB, Knockback, Slow, Open Wounds, etc.?

3) despite adders bumping the displayed damage for LB, no cold/blue poison/green effects were ever observed from LB (whereas this transmission yes/no is how I could readily tell if LF hit)
3a) this begs the question of whether the display is just wrong or whether the elemental ADDERS were converted as well as the physical?
3b) another key question, since historically Freezing Arrow and Exploding Arrow have added adders of their element, is whether +lightning adders pass along (as opposed to, say, just phys adders, which are then converted)?
3c) how do crits/deadly strike factor in? +phys damage auras? (at a stretch: what about holy shock {modders})

4) LF leaches, LB doesn't
additional info from some more testing...

0a) pvp test: no blocking of LB seen
0b) pvp test: increased physical damage did increase the LB damage done, and it was small enough to be consistant with both pvp reduction and lightning resist reduction (73% in the test)

2b) knockback and Nova cast upon striking both carried to target by LB

3d) LB: perhaps I didn't have enough adders, but a fair amount of fire didn't seem to show up (i.e. display probably wrong)
3e) I managed to get a *lot* of lightning adders, and they most certainly added in to LB damage dealt

The above are numbered according to the original post, to aid in future consolidation (if a summary of facts/tests proves to be in order)
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Amazon v1.10 Phys => Lightning (Bolt)-- - by Crystalion - 07-31-2003, 02:08 AM
Amazon v1.10 Phys => Lightning (Bolt)-- - by Zath - 08-03-2003, 01:49 PM