Amazon v1.10 Phys => Lightning (Bolt)--
lemekim,Aug 4 2003, 04:20 AM Wrote:
Dagni,Aug 4 2003, 03:47 AM Wrote:Speaking of hidden bonuses, did Fade give 1% Damage Resist per level in 1.09? Because, based on skills.txt, it does now! (...not to mention the cool ethereal look  B) )

- Dagni
Physical damage resist? :blink: We shall find out!

Edit: Well, the physical resist, as I suspected, did not exist in 1.09. I did confirm that 1.10 fade actually does give physical resists, as indicated by the data, using PvP testing.
Geez, no wonder my level 24 Shadow Master (Assassin level 53) is so sturdy--she loves to fade. I've mentioned my empirical evidence for shadows getting their skill synergy levels from the skill of the casting player (another thread) in v1.10 beta... has anyone determined the level at which Shadows cast their skills (such as fade) in v1.10?

I also read speculation that, like Iron Golems of old, various summons can now potentially be immune if their resists are high enough (Valk and Shadows get potential extra resists from their rolled equipment). Any word on a cap and what it might be? For testing I should mention that PvP can be (used to, at least) asymetric for convenience. Have one player declare PvP and then undeclare it and the other player can beat on them and their minions without retaliation (useful to have a Sorc beat on your Shadow with the 3 elements to test if enough recastings ever generate one that is immune to some element).

Edit: can't test more--have to go to bed--but indeed, PvP, in normal, v1.10 beta, I observed a Shadow Master (level 24, stated "resist all 70%) achieving immunity vs. my poor (-act 5 level 33 naked) test sorc. When the SM had the BoS "aura" up my level 15ish firewalls + some fire mastery were steadily toasting her. When she put up Fade the damage stopped and regen took over. I hit her with Ice Blasts and she didn't turn blue either.

Both the Firewalls and the Ice Blasts had effect on the "enemy" hireling and player. This definitely looks like Shadow Master immunity (sorry, no time to test for difficulty level penalty). I suspect this is why my SM tanked Mephisto so well in Nightmare (no resist cap clipping Fade's wings).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Amazon v1.10 Phys => Lightning (Bolt)-- - by Zath - 08-03-2003, 01:49 PM
Amazon v1.10 Phys => Lightning (Bolt)-- - by Crystalion - 08-04-2003, 09:49 AM