AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers
Hi,

A number of recent events have removed the pleasure from playing the AH.

One is that it seems getting mail, appraising items, checking the AH, and posting items all seem to take quite a bit longer than they did. With about 3000 items total, a one second per item addition to any operation adds almost an hour to the total. Over the last six months, my AH routine went from a couple of hours (which I did while watching TV) to over five (which cuts into time I'd rather devote to other things). I don't know what has changed, but sometimes getting the mail (for instance) is quite fast (each item in less than a second) and others it takes three or more second per item, or stops entirely for ten or twenty seconds.

A second reason is that recently it seems much harder to get items worth buying for a profit. I am often outbid on the items even before I've finished bidding on the day's list. While I used to get twenty or so items a day, now I typically get less than five. And usually these are the high end, slow moving items that take a long time to move and are risky because of their posting fees. Consumables and materials, which used to represent the bulk of the income, just can't be obtained for the amount that makes it worthwhile to buy. Whether this is due to farmers camping out on the servers or to the out of game AH utility, I don't know. What I do know is that it has become frustrating trying to generate funds at the AH.

There are other reasons, both having to do with changes in the game and personal. Whatever, the upshot is that effective immediately, I am closing down my AH operations for all three groups. Please do not send me any more materials to sell, I'll only be returning them. Nor will I be trying to find bargains in the AH for stuff people want. I will continue to post the items I presently have until they either sell or it's time to vendor them. As they sell, I will put that money in the GB. However, I will do this at a much reduced pace (although, recently, I've been going very slowly already).

Sorry to bail like this, but I was doing it for fun, and the fun just isn't there anymore.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers - by --Pete - 07-01-2010, 01:21 AM