Ever wonder where some stats come from?
Just saw a Fox News article talking about auto insurance rates, and listing North Dakota as in like the top 11 for auto insurance costs, with an "average" insurance bill on a 2011 vehicle of over $1,700/year. Really...

Granted, I drive an '09 Camry I-4, but I pay less than $800 per year, including renters coverage for the various electronics, etc. in my apartment. Maybe it's also because I've never hit anything, been hit, but never had care required, or other indices of not being careful.

I really wonder: 1) who the hell they're surveying, and 2) what the hell they're driving.

Apparently ND also ranks as having the worst drivers in the US (http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2...b-36000610), something I definitely don't agree with. I lived in Ohio for 3 years, sorry OhioansTongue We have a stupid number of drunks per capita, but don't agree that we're the worst drivers in the US.

Of course, the same "source" cited by Fox also at one point listed ND as having the ugliest residents in the US.

Now... what I think should happen is that every Texan, Louisianna, Oklahoman, Alabaman, and other Southerner who is hired up here, and who hasn't seen snow, should be required to take a winter driving safety course. Explain to them why they can't drive a 3/4 - 1 ton truck at 90 M.P.H. on ice Tongue

For those guys... Life's a Ditch, and then you die Tongue

Though this winter has been rather... tame.

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM