Ever wonder where some stats come from?
Insurance figures crack me up.

DeeBye has the only post with useful information, but even then it's not complete to really be helpful to compare to anything.

You have to know deductible, coverage levels, types of coverage.

$1700 a year for a $100 deductible (across the board since you can tweak that per coverage type) comprehensive, collision, liability, medical, under insured motorists, roadside assistance, etc all at max levels is actually a good rate.

$1700 a year with a $500 deductible only liability and medical is an awful rate.

I can go anywhere from about $450 a year to $2100 a year on my 2002 Taurus depending on how I tweak all the variables and meet my legal obligations. I might actually be able to get lower, but I carry more than the minimum because 90% of my miles are done when I end up making 400+ mile one way trips (which end up being 800 to 2000 mile round trips) and if something happens during one of those I want to be covered fully and get it done quickly. Of course since I can tweak my coverage "on the fly" if you will with all the online stuff I do end up dropping coverage levels when I know the car is going to spend most of it's time sitting in my garage because I'm riding the bike or walking to work most every day and it will only move like 4 times that month and then only in town.

On a different subject I've got another stat for everyone. 100% of people who eat food will die.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
RE: Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Kevin - 11-29-2011, 02:38 PM