Ever wonder where some stats come from?
(12-01-2011, 05:48 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 01:21 AM)ShadowHM Wrote: I have one speeding ticket on my record

This is sort of off-topic, but this reminds me of something. I have no speeding tickets, but when I was 19 years old I got pulled over for doing 90 km/h in a 40km/h zone. I should have had my driver's license revoked right then and there. Going 50 km/h over the speed limit should have been enough to grant me a visit with a judge.

Fortunately I was delivering pizza. I was driving the little crappy hatchback owned by the pizza place (Nissan Micra), and the officer recognized the car and let me off with a warning. He never even asked for my driver's license. He just said "Keep it slower at the bottom of this hill" and let me go.

Fun Fact: pizza places give free pizza to police stations to bribe cops
Me too. When I was 18, I overslept and was about an hour late for work. Being dumb and young I thought by driving faster than light I might reverse time and get there on time. I was doing well over 120 mph (speedometer pegged there) in a 65 mph zone when I passed the police car. He caught up to me while I was at a red light 15 minutes later. He said, "Well, my radar went off the scale, so I'll just write this one for 80 mph, ok?" I said, "Yes, sir."

Then, I was an hour and 20 minutes late for work. But, luckily, not in jail, or dead.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
RE: Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by kandrathe - 12-01-2011, 04:36 PM