Ever wonder where some stats come from?
(12-03-2011, 06:34 AM)cheezz Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 10:36 AM)eppie Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 09:00 AM)cheezz Wrote: , never realizing that they just got scammed.

Of course except for the fact that they really were speeding.....

Now why would you want to complicate the situation with the truth? Tongue

Glad to know you were able to acknowledge that. However...

Quote:That's kind of why I chose the word scammed instead of victimized. I didn't clarify properly so I'll try again. Here in Pennsylvania the police are not allowed to pursue and/or stop you unless they have said proof. If they stop you without it they are breaking the law. I know this sounds like an 'honor among thieves' argument, but I consider police misconduct worse than speeding. I'm not being paid to uphold the law, nor have I taken an oath to do the same.

That sounds like a rather circuitous way to justify poor behavior.

If the police are fenced in by rules about how they can apprehend you, that still does not absolve you from an obligation to follow the rules of the road. Just because you didn't take an oath to uphold the law doesn't mean you have no obligation to uphold it.

If you don't think the rules of the road are correct, then don't drive. And certainly don't whimper if you get caught breaking them.

Rules lawyering to get out of trouble is a game that we may all be motivated to try, but I can't applaud it in this case.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
RE: Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by ShadowHM - 12-03-2011, 01:19 PM