...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :(
Okay, for some reason, quotes don't work, and therefore this post looks like a mess. I've been trying to fix it, but it just won't work.

Quote:I guess some of it depends on your definition of what PvP is. Perhaps your definition of PvP is that a person is required to send out a herald saying, "Hello, kind sir. I see that we are the exact same level as one another. I would like to engage in one-on-one combat in order to test wits against one another and enjoy each other's company. Would you be delighted to indulge me?" If that is your definition of PvP, then you should stay on a PvE server and indulge any PvP fantasies with friendly dueling.
No, that's not my definition. I guess I consider real PvP to be fair fights or at least fights where both parties have a decent chance of winning. I don't think permission should be required (which is why I don't play on a PvE server, Stormscale is PvP) but I do consider it ganking when I have zero chance of winning the fight, be it because of much higer levels, superior numbers, or catching me when I'm low on health or fighting mobs. That's just how I define ganking, and it's something I don't like. I like PvP, which is why I play on a PvP server, but I don't like ganking.

Quote:You can pay attention to general chat reports of opposite faction activity
Unfortunately, Alliance on Stormscale just don't give a crap. If they see a Horde they just run by him unless they fight, as do I. The only time I ever hear about Horde is when someone says "if anyone sees [hordeplayer] kill him on sight, he killed me twice now!". Otherwise it's just people asking for directions.

Quote:After you die, you can get revenge solo, group up and get revenge, or get out of dodge.
How do you propose a level 45 character gets revenge against three level 55+ solo? No one I've asked so far has wanted to do somethign about high-level Horde, they just prefer to stay out of their way, and I don't blame them. We would need twice their numbers to deal with them. Getting out of dodge is what I do, and I fail to see how that's a solution to anything.

Quote:If you are in a situation where you are alone and get ambushed by a group of 2-3 other players, then it is your fault for not being careful, and kudos to them for taking advantage of your carelessness.
That's a nice philosophy. Kudos to that bullies in the schoolyard who starts kicking the fat kid, they took advantage of his carelessness.

Quote:It's the intensity of the environment that makes the PvP server a much more exciting place to play. If you fall asleep and lose your edge, you die. That's the way things should be.
There's nothing about ganking that constitues me having "fallen asleep" and I don't think stronger people being needlessly cruel to weaker people is "the way it should be".

Quote:But they have to get off the mount to fight, and when they do, you'll be long gone.
Warriors Charge/Intercept me, Hunter's use Concussion Blow, Mages Polymorph or Frostbolt or Frostnova, Rogues Sprint to catch up and then Cheap Shots or make a quick Kidney Shot or whatever, Druids Entangle me. There's plenty of ways to stop me from running away into the sunset.

Quote:Mithril Spurs and Carrot on a Stick don't make enough of a difference to matter. Maybe they matter if you are racing someone clear across a zone or something, but most races are short affairs to some safe haven, and I've never needed or used either. I've never been "run down" by anything other than someone on an epic mount, and I prefer to have stats that will actually help me in combat than something that can only be used out of combat.
True, they don't make much of a difference but it is a small difference, and I have been "run down" at least once, riding across the entire Badlands. I'm just saying that a mount isn't an instant get-away-scot-free thing.

Quote:You can cover it with paint all you want, but the bottom line is: Alliance level 20-30's only have to deal with gankers. Horde level 20-30's have to deal with both gankers and populations of opposing players of their level in their zones.
Pretty crappy bottom line, considering we both agree that opposing players of their level isn't a problem, it's "exciting, intense and the way it should be". So if there's nothing wrong with that, your bottom line ends up being "they both have to deal with gankers". It's not as clear-cut as that either, Horde has Thousand Needles at least.

Quote:There are plenty of Alliance players who quest in Ashenvale and Stonetalon, and of course Hillsbrad is just impossible for Horde players to quest in, since Horde quests are mid-20's quests, while Alliance players who go to the area are mid-30's and up.
Hillsbrad is a problem area, I've never said anything else. I don't really see why Blizzard thought it was a nice idea to have Horde level 20s and Alliance level 30s share a contested area.

Quote:I did every single Barrons and Silverpine Forest quest and got to level 21, so I don't know what you're talking about. The Barrons looks big, but it's just like Loch Modan and Westfall combined. There's no advantage to either faction there.
I'm going by this. I figured 25 was a bit too high, but then Redridge isn't 20-30 either, it's more like 18-25 and Duskwood is 23-30.

Quote:You obviously have a misunderstanding of what the Barrens is like, so this point is pretty much moot. Horde players have to move out of the Barrens, and when they do, they have to go into zones that have Alliance *flight paths* to their zones. At least Horde gankers have to actually ride to their target areas.
Granted, Horde has to run/ride to Duskwood, Wetlands or Redridge, but Alliance can never find as easy targets as Horde can find in Redridge.

Quote::lol: RFC is a tutorial instance dungeon. It's cute and is a nice way to introduce new players to the concept of instances. But it's small and has very little loot in it. It's nice to experience at level 15-16ish, but it's not something to write home about. It's certainly not a place to load up on loot or experience points.
So? It's still an instance, which I count as a plus for Horde.

Quote:I played alliance for five months in the beta. When I started playing Horde in the retail, I realized, "Woah! I get why those Hordies complained so much!"
I played mostly Alliance in beta, and when I played Horde later on, I realized "Whoa. I don't get why Horde is whining so much, they have it better."

Messages In This Thread
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 11:43 PM
...might have to say goodbye to Lurkers on Tich :( - by Phoenix - 04-10-2005, 09:48 AM