Conquest creates comprehensive Molten Core Guide
Concillian,Feb 10 2005, 12:55 AM Wrote:To me, the second is a marginal exploit if they indeed fought the boss with the adds.  I actually consider it pretty genious tactics.  If they had actually played through the content earlier that night, but moved back to a 'safe zone' to pick up some fresh members as they claim they had done, then I would consider it the equivalent of dropping down to the viewing room after a wipe in scholomance. 
[right][snapback]67736[/snapback][/right]

It absolutely isn't the same thing. After you wipe in Scholomance, you can drop down to the viewing room because the viewing room is clear. It's clear because you were there and cleared it.

Pulling the boss across the whole zone via rogue summon can be done right from the start. Just because Conquest claims to have done it after clearing the way to him doesn't make it okay. I even believe them when they say they basically earned their way to the boss, and got it taken away by a bug.

The fact remains that a group which hadn't cleared the way to the boss could do the exact same thing and pull the boss across the whole zone and zap him in the entryway. Blizzard has to formulate a policy, and "extenuating circumstances" are hard to fit into corporate policy. They have to make actions wrong, and this is one that virtually demanded it.

Messages In This Thread
Conquest creates comprehensive Molten Core Guide - by Skandranon - 02-10-2005, 09:43 AM