Why is 4 frame zeal important?
adeyke,Oct 27 2004, 09:20 PM Wrote:Mythical blades do about 36% more damage than phase blades.  Now, I'm not saying that this does or does not compensate for the lack of speed, but just sweeping the damage difference aside doesn't do the mythical swords justice.
[right][snapback]58424[/snapback][/right]
I think the main reason people look down on Mythical Swords is because they lack the ability to have 6 slots the way Phase Blades do, which severely limits their runeword options (not that you should actually make a BotD Phase Blade anyways, but the option is there, as is Silence and Passion). And it's more likely that both you'll find a Phase Blade with the number of sockets you need and the runes to go in it, than it is for you to find a rare War Sword type sword with over 400% ed. Cruel Myth's can be bought if you've got enough patience though.

MikethemizJR Wrote:But phase blades are indestructible to start with
Swords really don't cost that much to repair (unless you've got spent charges on them), and if you're keeping your stuff maintained every town trip, a broken weapon shouldn't be a problem. It does make things more convenient though, if you don't have to repair a weapon at all.

Personally, I prefer the look of the Long/Rune/Cryptic swords and the Flail/Knout/Scourge on a Paladin, and always try to have one of those equipped reguardless of the low min damage. Either that, or a War/forgot-the-exceptional/Berserker Axe, which also look good.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm

Messages In This Thread
Why is 4 frame zeal important? - by Sirbub - 10-27-2004, 02:25 AM
Why is 4 frame zeal important? - by Munkay - 10-27-2004, 02:35 AM
Why is 4 frame zeal important? - by Wyrm - 10-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Why is 4 frame zeal important? - by vor_lord - 10-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Why is 4 frame zeal important? - by Guest - 10-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Why is 4 frame zeal important? - by adeyke - 10-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Why is 4 frame zeal important? - by Wyrm - 10-28-2004, 04:41 AM