Dan Rather, Michael Moore, Christiana Amanpour
Brista,Sep 28 2004, 12:23 PM Wrote:I think that it's just a reflection of how most people see it, Celtichound. In their defence they could argue that "Entertainment" is a heading that covers the entertainment industry and that without the participation of a famous entertainer this would just be another marginal crime story of little general interest
Oh, I'm not blaming Google, and perhaps there is merit in that argument. But I think it says something about our society. To wit:

Quote:So how has journalism suddenly lost its ethics - compared to say the noble days of 10 years ago when Princess Di was hounded to death by headline-hungry paparazzi
There was a joke I heard right after this, which I found amusing at the time.

Headline: "A ferryboat capsized today near the mouth of the Zambezi river. All 438 passengers were drowned, but a disaster was averted when it was determined that a princess was not on board the vessel."

On the whole I agree with you. Thanks for bringing up Swift's "A Modest Proposal" - that's a cool parallel.

I think my next post in this thread will be Dan Rather and conspiracy theory.

-- CH

Messages In This Thread
Dan Rather, Michael Moore, Christiana Amanpour - by CelticHound - 09-29-2004, 06:35 AM