Grizabella, the Realistic Fighter Mage
GRIZABELLA: LISTER

The bad news: Lister's minions are Fire Immune, can't be Confused, have loads of hit points, hurt like crazy, and can stun you.

The good news: They're slow, especially under the influence of Holy Freeze. They're also stupid.

Their slowness and stupidity make it easy to break up the pack. I teleported backwards and tried to coax one or two minions out of the throne room. Most of the pack came, but a couple of minions did stay behind. That's was fine.

[Image: Griz5_lister1.jpg]

The best place to break up the pack is just outside the throne room. You come out of the throne room and take a sharp turn. The pack will rush into the corner formed by the low wall just outside of the throne room. Eventually, one minion's pathfinding routine will allow the minion to get around the low wall and come to you. Lead that minion away to a safe location and kill it. It's easy to kill them when they're by themselves. (If more than one minion gets out of the corner at the same time, you can usually shake some off your trail by running/teleporting around various corners).

[Image: Griz5_lister2.jpg]

Rinse and repeat.

[Image: Griz5_lister3.jpg]

Lister himself was Lightning Enchanted. It didn't bother me too much with max lightning resist and 12 mdr, but I did have to go back to town a couple of times to refresh potions. Otherwise, without his buddies to help him, Lister went down quietly.

Up next: Baal

Messages In This Thread
Grizabella, the Realistic Fighter Mage - by MongoJerry - 08-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Grizabella, the Realistic Fighter Mage - by Zath - 08-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Grizabella, the Realistic Fighter Mage - by Bolty - 08-12-2003, 01:02 AM