AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers
Hi,

(07-19-2010, 11:23 AM)Crusader Wrote: Well, I'm not in the guild, but I like the fact that auctionhouse prices are more or less normalizing. Probably because more people use tools like auctioneer and now know what the normal going rates for items are. So now I know that when some guy named Evilpete bought out and reposted saronite ore at twice the normal going rate I'm getting ripped off. :p

The normal going rate is whatever a seller and a buyer agree on.

Tools like Auctioneer require daily or better AH scans to be useful. Most people don't have the patience. Old servers, like Stormrage and Terenas, are full of experienced high level players. They typically can figure what things are worth.

Cornering the market is mostly a myth. Pretty much any material that is useful can be farmed in huge amounts. If some fool tried to do what you suggest, people would flood the market with farmed product at 3/4 his price. Then he'd either have to buy out all that and go broke or get undercut and go broke. To quote the big T, "I pity the fool."

To play the AH successfully, all it takes is a year or so of watching what sells and what doesn't. A year to build up your settings, what to ignore, what to snatch. Then all you have to do is look for stuff that is undervalued enough so you can make a profit after purchase price, posting fees, and the AH cut. Nothing to it.

And, if you get ripped off, it only means that someone else was smart and you were stupid. But it wouldn't be me ripping you off. I sell at market price.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
RE: AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers - by --Pete - 07-19-2010, 06:48 PM