AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers
Hi,

(07-21-2010, 04:35 PM)Treesh Wrote: My comment wasn't directed at you Pete.

Sorry, I was being too touchy. I've gotten a lot of negative in-game comments and mails about my AH activities and it has become a sore point with me. But I should have considered the source and realized that you didn't mean me.

(07-21-2010, 05:04 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: The undercutting by a ton isn't really the thing that gets me though. What baffles me is the people that come along next and instead of buying them out and reposting them at the higher cost they just start undercutting from there. These are people that are obviously heavily invested in the gem market. They post gems every day and when they undercut they do so by 25s. This is their way of making gold, and they fail at it totally.

Part of the problem is the limitations of Auctioneer, which most serious traders use. Unless one is focusing on only a few items, he can't take a long time on each one. So, if the undercut items aren't below a given threshold, the trader doesn't even see them. And if they're above another threshold, they're automatically posted as a deeper undercut.

I have toyed with the notion of redoing Auctioneer to make it smarter. I've even gone as far as to learn a bit of lua and build some simple (and useless) add-ons. But it just doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

Quote:If I come along early enough in the chain I'll buy out one or two gems and repost them because I know they will sell. But if I get there too late and the "players" have all posted undercuts below that I'm not buying out eight gems just to get the cuts back to being profitable.

If you're willing to take the extra time, you can often sell things better if you buy out the market and then repost the items a few at a time. This is especially true of items with a posting fee, but seems to help even with free to post items. But if you're going o play those games, you'll end up needing two bankers and using the mail capability as storage. I went that route early on, but it just takes too much time.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
RE: AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 05:53 PM