AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers
Hi,

(07-21-2010, 06:42 PM)Tal Wrote: I do hope that they weren't from a SR Lurker. If they were I will be very angry.

Oh, no. I should have made that clear. I've never received anything but positive comments from any Lurkers anywhere. They were from people who were unhappy about AH farmers. To be fair, many thought I was a gold farmer (and I guess I was, but not a for sale farmer). At least one became a friend after he asked me why I did it and I explained.

(07-21-2010, 06:53 PM)Treesh Wrote: I am very unhappy to hear that you've gotten negative comments about your AH activities Pete. I know you enjoyed doing the AH for a long time now. It always baffled me that you enjoyed it so much, but as long as you were having fun, that's what's important. I am sorry you aren't enjoying it anymore though. Really sucks when a part of the game you've enjoyed for years changes enough to turn you off of it.

Well, over the past five years I've learned that if I can't do what I enjoy, I should at least enjoy what I can do. Smile

I haven't been able to play much, because WoW doesn't lend itself to the "Whoops, gotta stop for a couple of minutes now to put in eye drops and rest my eyes so I can see again" style of play. But when I have been able to play the game, I enjoyed it. Since neither reflexes nor continuous vision are necessary to do the AH, I found that as a nice niche that let me, sorta, keep my hand in, and enjoy the game vicariously.

Now that some of my condition is getting better, there are more things I can do, many of them which I prefer to the AH. And, hopefully, before too long I'll be able to actually play the game again.

So, it's not all bad -- more silver lining than dark cloud, really.

Quote:Anyway, I'm completely rambling. They suck. You don't. =)

Thanks.

--Pete
Hi,

(07-21-2010, 07:10 PM)RTM Wrote: Pete, have you looked at QuickAuctions?

No, I hadn't. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out soon.

Quote:I just found out about this site yesterday and was blown away. Terenas Horde isn't there but Stormrage Alliance is. The graphs and charts are amazing. I guess I should have realized that it was only a matter of time before something like this became available once they released the ability to check the AH remotely.

Great link. We'll see how it works out. I hope it does, and maybe with the remote checking it will. Previous attempts, like WoWecon, weren't that easy to use nor that useful.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
RE: AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 07:11 PM