AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers
(07-21-2010, 06:56 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

(07-21-2010, 06:39 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: Auctionator is my god. It allows me to quickly post my wares, check for undercuts on my auctions (while at the same time showing all the listings for that same item so I can see at a quick glance if I'm being vastly undercut), and cancel all my auctions that have been undercut and need to be reposted.

If anyone is serious about making money on the AH I would recommend Auctionator over Auctioneer any day of the week.

I tried Auctionator. I think it is a very good tool for the average player who does some AH trading, or even for a player who only wants to buy and sell items he needs or farms at fair prices. While it lacks some of the functionality of Auctioneer, it would be usable by heavy traders except for the degree of interaction it requires.

Keep in mind that my three bankers had about 3000 items in the AH total. That meant that 1500 items needed to be processed daily, in addition to scanning the AH and buying new items. Adding one second to the processing of each item added 25 minutes to the daily time. With Auctioneer, my daily time had gotten into the four to five hour range. Had I used Auctionator as my AH tool, I'd estimate I'd have been at over eight hours.

--Pete

It's been my experience that using a shotgun approach to auction house profits in WoW is fairly inefficient. Mainly for the reasons I've mentioned above. Most markets in WoW are highly volatile and prices will often shift by the hour (the few major markets that buck this trend are big ticket items like 264 crafted gear and to a lesser degree Primordial Saronite at the moment). Because of this posting anything for more than 12 hours is usually a waste as you will just be throwing away extra auction fees if you repost.

I've tried the Auctioneer method of scanning data and buying up stuff that is marked at below market and then reposting at what the mod tells me is maket value but any time I've done this I end up spending far more time and make far less than if I just focus on one market and learn as much as I can about it. Does Auctionator require a little more interaction yeah, but if you want to really know a market to the point that you can milk it for all the profit possible that is work you need to put in anyway.

At any given time right now I've got between 20 and 40 auctions posted and on average I make about 1k a day. During my key days I can make upwards of 4-5k. All the time I would have spent running Auctioneer scans for random items I now spend half the time focusing strictly on one market and in the course of two weeks I've come to know it pretty well. The problem with Auctioneer is that a scan for most of these items and an average price for them is meaningless. The amount you can get for them is always more than what Auctioneer tells you and like I said before the prices fluctuate so greatly hour by hour that posting things for 24 or 48 hours is nearly pointless. The key then is to know when the good times to sell are as well as to know the opportunities when they pop up. (Just as I've been writing this I saw five Cardinal Rubies pop up on the AH for 112g each and have already turned them around cut for 170g each.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: AH brokerage shutting down -- all three bankers - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 07:28 PM