Ever wonder where some stats come from?
I pay $282/month auto insurance on one vehicle for two drivers - myself and my 17 year old son. I have one speeding ticket on my record, he has none. I have no accidents on my record and neither does he. He took an accredited driver training course which reduces the cost to insure him.

This rose by $50/month when I substituted coverage of the 23 year old son with that of the 17 year old. (Yes, new drivers do pay a healthy penalty. And I am shuddering already in anticipation of the effect of adding another one when the next kid gets his license in 2012.)

I drive a 2009 vehicle in a metropolitan area. My deductible is $500 and I have first accident forgiveness. As with DeeBye, liability coverage is mandatory. However, I do have extra coverage for medical, rehabilitation and attendant care expenditures for non-catastrophic injuries. I also pay separately for CAA because I am both a pansy and a worrywart mother. Tongue
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
RE: Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by ShadowHM - 12-01-2011, 01:21 AM