Ever wonder where some stats come from?
(12-08-2011, 09:20 AM)cheezz Wrote: There are currently three methods of proving speed acceptable in PA.

Yes, to have these rules are a general thing everywhere, even though the exact rules might differ a bit.

In my perception it happens many, many times more often that people try and fight the fact they got a ticket for all kinds of little nittpicking legal errors the police made (like two days to late with calibrating the device).
So what happens is that people actually find it correct that they should not pay a fine because of some small procedural error (even though they were speeding) and often the judge agrees with them.

These are all your 'model well behaving citizens' and that it is generally cool to complain about the police giving speeding tickets. So these people costs us valuable court time etc. etc.
So in my country police brutality doesn't happen so often and I see this whining about getting tickets as a far greater problem.
(and to be honest.... if you are really unlucky you get 1 ticket for every 100 times you drive over the speed limits or so?)

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
RE: Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by eppie - 12-08-2011, 09:36 AM