Ever wonder where some stats come from?
(12-08-2011, 09:20 AM)cheezz Wrote: Kandrathe - A cop fabricates probable cause, tramples my rights, and I'm the burden? And here I thought I was entitled to due process.
If you are guilty of a crime, and the cop accurately cites you for violating the law, then you can decide to either fight the system to (wrongfully) prove your innocence, or accept your punishment. Personally, I go to court for most every ticket I get, and I truthfully explain my side of the story, apologize where needed, and ask the court for leniency if I feel it is merited.

Quote:There has been a seemingly endless parade in my area of cops being caught doing horrible crimes. One wonders how many of those downward spirals started with fudging tickets.
I've met many cops off duty who are in it for the power trip, and shouldn't be cops at all. My grandfather was an honorable cop, and I'd wince when he told some of his stories of subduing perpetrators -- but, he was a humble, and good man. It's the kind of job that alters your perception of the value of human beings.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by Tris - 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
RE: Ever wonder where some stats come from? - by kandrathe - 12-08-2011, 04:23 PM