1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
(06-18-2012, 09:11 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: The simple solution is just to put diminishing returns on IAS and be done with it. Hopefully they won't nerf it badly, but I just sold some decent ias for good amounts of gold so it's no longer my problem. :p

As much as possible, they're trying to keep the formulas for things clear and simple. When the formula can't be clear, they try to make the effect quickly noticeable in the character screen (like armor damage reduction). They said in the chat that they were going back and forth on whether to use diminishing returns on IAS so that they wouldn't have to change items or to change items and keep the formula simple. They chose the later option, and I agree that it was the right call. It's one moment's confusion versus years of confusion down the road.

Quote:2) Legendaries are not that good, so we need to change the modifiers, but we can't make it retroactive.

This way, the people who used chest exploits to farm legendaries aren't rewarded for their past exploits. Now, they're going to have to use new exploits -- or perhaps, perhaps, play the game to get the new legendaries.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by MongoJerry - 06-19-2012, 12:40 AM