1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
(06-21-2012, 01:44 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 01:08 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Well, as expected, the battle.net forums are filled with a lot of people who were struggling in act 1 inferno being worse off since now they can't pay the repair bills. This doesn't affect people that can clear act 1 easily though. So in the end, the poorer players as I had anticipating suffer and I sorta understand what Redradical is experiencing. This actually makes inferno even more exclusive though if you can survive inferno act 1/2 you'll be better off. Coincidentally, this group consists of the hugest whiners... Hmm. :p

I really don't understand what gear/builds/playstyle people would have that they couldn't manage A1 Inferno. The most basic of defensive stats and situational awareness should be able to get you to the Forsaken Cemetary which, along with the surrounding areas and crypts, can be 5-stacked and farmed easily. Now that these areas actually have a chance to drop vast upgrades there is no reason a person shouldn't be able to gear up and progress without racking up massive repair bills.

It was bordering on absurd when people complained about A1 pre-1.03. Now that people can gear up on the easiest areas in Inferno it is beyond absurd that people are complaining about it.

They can, but a lot of people will still fall victim to the elite monsters. Pre-patch they'd die a bit more, but now every death is taking them to the cleaners. I just had to pay 10k in repair bills without dying.

Now it's true that a lot of people just need to l2p. Chances are that anyone struggling could just post their gear/builds and it could be solved. But if you were on the borderline of making headway, chances are your earnings will actually tank a bit. The same is happening to me in act 2. I don't die by far as much, but there are times where I'm actually losing gold more than before and it's no longer profitable.

I was geared to clear act 1 and most of act 2 pre-patch. But bad enough affixes will still nuke me even in act 1 if I'm not careful.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by Archon_Wing - 06-21-2012, 02:22 AM