1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
(06-21-2012, 02:22 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: I was geared to clear act 1 and most of act 2 pre-patch. But bad enough affixes will still nuke me even in act 1 if I'm not careful.

That's what bugs me about Inferno the most. There are some champ/rare affix combos that are literally unbeatable, no matter what I do. The only answer to this is "Well, don't fight them" - but that goes against everything Diablo games have taught me. Running from a fight, or deliberately avoiding one, is outright failure. I must kill every mob, explore every area, and smash every pot.

Today I had such an encounter. I don't recall the exact monster affixes (something like Vortex, Shielding, Extra Health, and whatever else), but it was enough to kill me about 4 times before I said "Screw it" and hung my head low while paying my huge repair bill and stopped playing for the day. It wasn't challenging and it wasn't fun, so I simply stopped playing. I'm geared and skilled enough to kill the Butcher in Inferno with ease, but a stupid random champ pack in act 1 made me stop playing. I can handle dying when I know I screwed up, or when I can learn from the encounter and do better next time. There wasn't anything I could do in this case to win the fight, so why fight?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by DeeBye - 06-21-2012, 03:16 AM