1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
*Shrugs.* It's like they dealt with immunities in D2; they eventually caved and let a few skills work at reducing immunities at 1/5th effectiveness, but then raised some of the resistances to just beyond where you could get rid of some of the immunities. Blizzard seems to enjoy spiting the player base. I'm rather hoping IM goes the way of De Seis's Thief ability and is gone after the third or fourth patch, but we'll see.

The philosophy that "welp, sometimes you're just going to have to restart because we can't be arsed to make sure we produce a playable game" smacks of laziness. I mean yes, okay, I understand that to some extent it's very difficult to build a balanced game that's balanced for five different classes with 2-6 different Inferno-viable builds each. Let alone the goal of making any (non-stupid like all defence skills) build viable. I get that. But that attitude sounds like they don't even want to try, or at least not admit they goofed on the power level of some of the boss affixes. Then again, MSLEB/CELEB/FELEBs weren't fully fixed until 1.10, which was...many, many years after the game had come out. So yeah, I'm not holding out a lot of hope on Blizzard's ability to publicly admit big mistakes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by ViralSpiral - 06-21-2012, 03:54 AM