1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
(06-21-2012, 03:45 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Demon Hunters (probably Wizards too) have similar situations with Elite Scavenger packs, under any condition. They cannot be kited (because of the Blizzard's approach to hitboxes), swarm you and attack extremely fast. Add just about any attribute and you have an unwinnable battle. I am sure we have all had a Waller drop a wall on us, unable to move at all, followed by a Plague/Desecrator pit, then multiple Arcane beams move in on you while you cannot move. That is one Demon Hunters can handle, but it probably sucks for the rest of you Tongue

My monk usually deals with those reasonably easily, at least in act I. Even with the attack speed nerf.

Quote:I read a Blue post on the forum earlier where they commented that Blizzard considers it acceptable that we have to park/restart games because an Elite was impossible. Essentially, the post was `get better gear and learn to play.' Pretty odd approach to such a common complaint. Then again, they did not get rid of the hated Invulnerable Minions attribute, which still inspires me to auto-quit the game.

Their fix to IM isn't a fix. The problem is not how much health the boss has. The problem is inflicting damage in the first place. No idea why they won't admit that, because I can't imagine they don't realize it.

(06-21-2012, 04:21 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Is it just me, or are Elites using their skills more often? My defensive strategies from before the patch are no longer working because cooldowns have not ended when I expect they would have, and certain abilities (eg Illusionist) seem like they are making a bigger impact on play than before.

One of the things that prompted my quitting yesterday was running into a pack with nightmare/frozen and only avoiding either condition when I used my 4 seconds of immunity window. And then nightmarish sent me into a second pack that was less than a full screen from the first pack. It just seemed like the frozen bombs were being continuously spammed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by BellaStrega - 06-21-2012, 04:50 AM