1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
(06-21-2012, 03:16 AM)DeeBye Wrote: That's what bugs me about Inferno the most. There are some champ/rare affix combos that are literally unbeatable, no matter what I do. The only answer to this is "Well, don't fight them" - but that goes against everything Diablo games have taught me. Running from a fight, or deliberately avoiding one, is outright failure.

Response to player complaints about unbalanced champion affix combinations, by Blizzard rep Lylirra:

There's a difference between saying "that's an unfair affix combo" and "I can't beat this affix combo" (yet). Certain affix packs will be harder than others. The variance in randomness and in the difficulty of the packs is completely intentional and we're happy with where things are right now.

Having to restart a game or skipping packs altogether is also totally fine.

But as we all know, rerolling the whole game to get a boss combo you like can be quite tedious. I think a far more efficient solution would be to introduce a Legendary Blacksmith Plan that rerolls monster stats, much like crafting a new item. And in case game balance becomes an issue, Blizzard could make the plans available only through the RMAH.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by RogueMage - 06-21-2012, 05:53 PM