1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
Quote:There's a difference between saying "that's an unfair affix combo" and "I can't beat this affix combo" (yet). Certain affix packs will be harder than others. The variance in randomness and in the difficulty of the packs is completely intentional and we're happy with where things are right now.

Having to restart a game or skipping packs altogether is also totally fine.

But isn't the point that most people frustrated with the elite packs that they are in fact "unfair" or "unbeatable" even with very good gear/player skills?
Imagine a combo such as Illusionist, Frozen, Invulnerable Minions, Arcane Enchanted on a tough base monster type, you're simply not going to beat that no matter how good or rich you are.

From that person's statement, he makes it seem as if people will be able to overcome such challenges eventually once they get better (skills/items), but I can hardly believe that.
I would not mind restarting once in awhile if an "unbeatable" combo spawns, but currently there are far too many of such packs in Inferno A3-4 still.
Statements like that always make me wonder whether their representatives have played the game in those situations themselves, since it just seems like armchair quarterback talk to me.

As for the patch, I like the change that people can now farm in A1 and still have a chance at getting good items, I think Blizz made the right decision on this.
A1 is still relatively easy, so even people with average gear/skills should be able to get a taste of ilvl 60+ items without getting slapped by huge repair costs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by Kurosu - 06-21-2012, 06:55 PM