1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
(06-21-2012, 06:55 PM)Kurosu Wrote: But isn't the point that most people frustrated with the elite packs that they are in fact "unfair" or "unbeatable" even with very good gear/player skills?
Imagine a combo such as Illusionist, Frozen, Invulnerable Minions, Arcane Enchanted on a tough base monster type, you're simply not going to beat that no matter how good or rich you are.

And yet, take out Invulnerable Minions and suddenly that pack becomes doable. IM by itself is manageable. The reason it needs to go is that it breaks nearly every other possible mod on a pack. The more difficult mods you stack on it the worse it gets.

In my experience (Barring IM) there is no combination of mods that can't be overcome with good gearing and skill. It's only when you put the worst mods for your character on the worst enemies for your character that things fall apart. At the moment my Monk's most hated mods are Molten, Waller, and Arcane Enchanted. Put those mods on a Fallen champ pack and I could care less. Put those mods on a Dune Dervish pack and it is impossible for me to win the fight. I just can't stay in long enough to deal damage when you combine the kiting needed to avoid Molten and Arcane Sentries along with the short peroid of time damage can be put on them while they don't Spin to Win me to death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by Chesspiece_face - 06-21-2012, 07:11 PM