1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy
(06-22-2012, 10:28 PM)Mavfin Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 10:14 PM)MongoJerry Wrote: It appears that all quests everywhere got their rewards slashed. I guess Blizzard wants people to gain experience by killing things. The nerve of them.

Yeah, this went hand-in-hand with the reduction of static spawns.

Next to go, imo, will be the 'free gold' from the chest in the Act 3 town, and the books in the Act 2 inn. There are people creating games sitting there all day just to go hit those, then create another. That sounds fine, but, creating a new game every 30 sec creates server stress and lag for people trying to kill mobs when thousands do it all the time.

Remember the night they tried the game limit, when you ran the Wortham quest 10 times in a row to powerlevel? Remember the response to it? Lowering all the quest xp and removing most of the high-reward static spawns is what they did instead of putting up the limit again; i.e. they removed most of the reasons to create games over and over to hit a specific spot quickly. Now achievement hunters and people farming for Liquid Rainbows and/or Gibbering Gemstones can still make games for what they need, but a lot of the other people no longer really have an incentive to do so.

For the most part, if you want to goblin-farm or Resplendent-chest farm, you have to go out in the world anyway, because they're mostly random spawns, or, if known chests, down at the bottom of a cave.

Can't farm replendents like you could before. They use to be affected by MF and NV, but aren't since 1.03 (which I don't see why NV doesn't work on them since you actually have to go out and kill champ/boss packs to get NV which means you are taking some risk and they can detect if you have NV stacks or not as noted by the patch notes saying that the 4 stack of NV wasn't causing a second rare to drop from static bosses like Kulle, Asmodan, and Jailer -- I haven't seen one static boss drop more than a single rare with 5 stacks of NV since 1.03 where before it was typically 3 to 4).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.0.3, Attack Speed Changes, and Hypocrisy - by Lissa - 06-23-2012, 12:40 AM