Another way to play Diablo!
Well, I have to agree with Lemming except a few points:
LemmingofGlory,Feb 5 2006, 05:01 PM Wrote:For 1@17
Exp to Lv: 147123
Max Exp: 3400
Max Exp from: Mlvl 27+
Monsters to Lv: 44
[right][snapback]101222[/snapback][/right]

Clvl 17 in Hell receives max exp from monsters mlvl 22+ and Cave Vipers (mlvl 21) so in fact, from EVERY monsters in Hell.
This is just minor point because I believe that all other data here are correct.

Implication:

- Light Radius (-LR) items are MUST in 1@17 and 2@20 runs. I remmember to 3@30 with my mule warrior. He wore Nightscape + Topaz ring of Dark. But even with max -LR he had to kill monsters. They were placed in narrow pasages too close to each other, that was really impossible to walk through without killing.
Im not guy who spend hours of playing just to rely to lucky dlvl generation like stairs up right next stairs down, Lazarus chamber right next to room with stairs and pentagram and stairs to 16 right between cross and Diablo's room and layout without barriers.

So, I would clear all lvls up dlvl 6 for first time, then replay dlvl 4 and 5 (maybe 6 - depend on monsters) and hunted for items of Night/Dark. In best cases jewels/armor/helm. Experience is going slow here, you can meet quite lot of uniques - and collect some money and buy items from Gris and SC book in Adria!s shop.
Once you have got "enough" -LR items, you are prepared to enter Hell. You dont need any "super gear". Some resist for prevent stun in situations when "something turned wrong" and thats it. AC is totally pointless here. You should focus to beating Diablo. Other monsters can be bypassed (except Lazarus of course) or StoneCursed. When you think, you can beat Big D, make clvl 17 and farewell.

2@20 is much the same. With your -LR items you can do quite lot of Laz Runs and get much better gear for your run.
3@30 is piece of cake. You can buy whatever you want, picking gold in NM/Church. In first dlvls you cannot worry about gaining (much) experience, so your gold supply is in fact unlimited.

BTW: I didnt mention it BUT, you have to use scrolls of infravision while using -LR items in dungeon. I hope, you got it, but in case, you didnt, Im reminding it here :-)

Messages In This Thread
Another way to play Diablo! - by Attika - 02-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Another way to play Diablo! - by LemmingofGlory - 02-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Another way to play Diablo! - by Sekel - 02-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Another way to play Diablo! - by LemmingofGlory - 02-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Another way to play Diablo! - by skana - 02-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Another way to play Diablo! - by Attika - 02-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Another way to play Diablo! - by Ashock - 02-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Another way to play Diablo! - by LemmingofGlory - 02-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Another way to play Diablo! - by Attika - 02-08-2006, 08:03 PM